Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Glad to see the OBJ trade talk dying down

April 01, 2018 04:44AM
Well, I disagree with nearly every word here. It really isn't a dead period. Free Agency is in effect, teams are making cuts for their caps and cramming for the draft. Plenty of NFL news going around.
The Giants have a very old QB and almost certainly will be drafting his replacement this draft. While their TE might be a future star beyond OBJ they don't have much in the roster and are in rebuild mode. Beside that OBJ has done a bunch of stupid things in and off the field. I 100 percent believe that they would trade him. The offer of him for two number ones is real. But, they probably would settle for much less. He is a superstar and best at his position. With our other weapons and our D he could catapult us to a SB championship. Those Lombardi trophies are hard to get. As far as the cap is concerned the top teams wrangle money to pay their players. There's been many threads explaining by how moves could open up room for OBJ's salary demands. And just because a player asks for 20 mil/year doesn't mean he gets it. Suh was a 20 mil/ year guy and just signed for 14. Joyner can be extended to lower his cap hit, Baron's salary could be reworked. I'm sure they're keeping AD in the loop. It's possible. You don't want OBJ. Many posters here don't. I get that. And I agree he's a knucklehead. But so was Chris Carter. So was Randy Moss. If you don't like his personality, sure. If you're worried about possible future suspensions. I totally see that too. But, do you really comprehend his talent and production? Many were miffed we didn't overpay for Sammy Watkins who is nowhere near the level of OBJ on the field. He got like 16 and many years. OBJ is much better in every area as a football player. I maybe he signs a one year 17-18 contract. If we win it all he'll want to re-up and we'll want to accommodate him. If he's a locker room cancer we cut him. Either way, there isn't anybody else out there either on the market or through this year's draft who can dominate like this cat. If you're a four pillar guy cheer for another team because Peters, Talib and Suh aren't angels either. They get flagged and fined too. It's about talent level. OBJ is simply the best.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Glad to see the OBJ trade talk dying down

RockRam464April 01, 2018 03:20AM

Ramsdude160April 01, 2018 04:39AM

Re: Golf, draft, and deal making

leafnose177April 01, 2018 04:54AM

SoCalRAMatic171April 01, 2018 04:44AM

Saw on twitter could happen as late as draft day

Blue and Gold171April 01, 2018 05:22AM