Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

I'd rather sign Hankins than Suh.

March 20, 2018 11:59AM
But it doesn't appear the Rams are interested in that.

The Rams could lock up Hankins for three or four years, all in his prime, and pay him a lot less. That will make it a ton easier to re-sign Donald . . . and then Gurley and Goff as well.

He fits the scheme better too. Though, unlike some fans, I have a feeling that Suh can play anywhere along the line and do a great deal of damage. He can adapt. He's an elite athlete and smart. He can figure it out. But I think they'll need to pay him enough to put serious impediments in the way of doing deals for the Big Three . . . . and we also don't know how this will affect Donald's play this year. Will he feel slighted to the point where his game suffers? He was able to put aside the failure to redo his contract before last season, and played excellent football. But will signing Suh bring added resentment and reduce his effectiveness?

I'd rather not take the chance. Though, if the Rams could sign Suh for one or two seasons, and not break the bank . . . the Rams' front three would be scary good. No QB is gonna want to face them. But Hankins makes them a lot better too. He'll stuff the run and protect linebackers better than their current rotation of NTs -- and, again, he's in his prime.

Whatever happens, it looks like the Rams aren't satisfied yet with their D, and that's a good sign. To win super bowls, you need a strong D. McPhillips know this.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

I'd rather sign Hankins than Suh.

Billy_T384March 20, 2018 11:59AM

Ditto nm

joram172March 20, 2018 12:26PM

Me too.

alyoshamucci186March 20, 2018 12:33PM

Re: +1 nm

VANRAM178March 20, 2018 12:44PM

Again, his best work is as 3-tech, but he does have

Blue and Gold193March 20, 2018 01:12PM