Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Jared Goff and the Rams were the Kings of play action in 2017!

March 18, 2018 06:21AM

Link

By: Cameron DaSilva | 2 hours ago

When you have a strong running game, it makes throwing the ball infinitely easier. Not only does it take pressure off of the quarterback, but it also sets up the play-action pass.

Jared Goff experienced exactly that in 2017 with Todd Gurley behind him in the backfield. Gurley, the Offensive Player of the Year, was second in the NFL with 1,305 rushing yards and 13 touchdowns, proving to be one of the best backs in football.

As a result, linebackers and safeties were constantly worried about him getting the ball. That made play-action far more effective. In fact, no quarterback had more yards off play-action than Goff, and it wasn’t particularly close.

What a difference a year makes for Goff and Gurley, who both struggled mightily in 2016.

#HelmetHornsMatter

“Well, the color is good, I like the metallic blue,” Youngblood recently said while laughing, via NFL Journal. “The horn is terrible. It looks like a ‘C.’ When I first saw it on the logo I honestly thought it was a Charger logo.

“Now when I see it on the helmet, it just isn’t a ram horn. There is no distinct curl like a mature ram horn. I don’t know how the Rams could get that wrong. That is your symbol and it has been for what? Seventy years or more? Longer than I have been alive? It’s just not us, it’s not the Rams.”---Mr. Ram Jack Youngblood

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Ramsdude392March 18, 2018 06:21AM

Re: Jared Goff and the Rams were the Kings of play action in 2017!

Steve231March 18, 2018 06:32AM

Re: Jared Goff and the Rams were the Kings of play action in 2017!

B64 Rams 72197March 18, 2018 10:02AM