Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

New guy(s) Production = (or) > Watkins (2017) Production

March 14, 2018 07:20AM
Many posters have made predictions on this site, for the most part I have refrained. Now, for the sake of some dialogue and after much consternation I shall.

You may think it bold (or foolish), but it seems very reasonable to me. Even though we don’t know who will replace Watkins yet, that player or players’ production will be equal to or greater than his 2017 yardage production. Many may point out his touchdown numbers for 2017, so what the heck I’ll go for that as well, but with a HEDGE; Watkins repalcement will not have as many touchdowns as Sammy did; however, the group of receivers and tightends on the field for the Rams in 2018 will score the same number or more total touchdowns as last year. I hope, but think it unlikely that Gourley has the same number of touchdowns as last year. I think that production will be made up by Watson, Kupp, a new guy and tightends. A year in the offense will help Goff, Watson, Kupp and the tightends. McVay’s offense will adjust according to personnel. I don’t buy the idea that teams will now have tape on them to adjust and shut them down. (They had tape from when McVay was the offensive coordinator in Washington to know his offense).

I wanted Sami back. I beleived a year in the offense would have benefited him and his production would pickup, but I am glad they didn’t pay what the Chiefs did. Paying that much would not benefit the TEAM in the long run.

I’m also confident that Sami’s production *yardage” with the Chiefs will go up assuming he plays the whole season, his touchdown production not likely.
Although I intended to make just one I have rambled on to make a plethora of prognostications. This post is starting to sound a lot like Howard Cosell (always the antagonist), it’s best I stop there!
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

New guy(s) Production = (or) > Watkins (2017) Production

hammer215March 14, 2018 07:20AM

Re: New guy(s) Production = (or) > Watkins (2017) Production

Rams43115March 14, 2018 07:25AM

Re: New guy(s) Production = (or) > Watkins (2017) Production

Steve106March 14, 2018 07:25AM