Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Good moves by the Brownies.

March 10, 2018 03:11AM
Taylor is under the final year of a 2 year contract that'll cost the Browns $16 mil. Reasonable. This tells me that Taylor is the starter this year while rookie QB X holds a clipboard. That's how it should be. Can Hue develop a rookie QB? TBD.

Jarvis Landry is a superb slot receiver that will help any QB they field.

What GB saw in Kizer I have no idea. Of course I wasn't (am not) a Hundley fan either. And, I think this trade shows that GB wasn't very thrilled with Hundley's extended audition last year.

Now the Browns need to get real smart. Unless they have identified one of the top 3 or 4 QBs as, in their evaluation, well above the others and a must-have, they need to draft Barkely 1st, and then take what will likely be the 3rd QB chosen at pick 4. What the gurus seem to be saying is that the top 3, maybe 4, QBs are about even. None of them stand out above the rest. It's a matter of taste, style, and which warts bother you the least because they all have them.

Darnold is a turnover machine but probably the most polished.
Rosen is Cutler 2.0 as an unlikable guy and poor leader but probably the best pure thrower.
Mayfield is super cocky to the point of irritating and on the smallish side, but all the guy does is complete passes and win.
Allen is he of a low completion percentage, erratic accuracy, and played against light weight competition for the most part. More potential than performance. But he can throw the ball 70 yards with the flick of a wrist, is a big dude, and has a lot of upside.

Which one of these is the best bet? IMO, just throw darts because QB is such a crap shoot. The team he goes to, the scheme he's asked to play, the players who surround him, the coaching, that is what will make or break any of these guys. NONE are the type that carries a team on their back.

Barkely is a safe pick and will give the Browns a good running game out of the box. That will be a huge help to Tyrod Taylor, and then eventually to whatever QB they choose.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Jarvis Landry and Tyrod Taylor traded to the Browns??...NM

laram296March 09, 2018 02:14PM

Re: Cleveland Browns to trade for Bills QB Tyrod Taylor

laram154March 09, 2018 02:37PM

Good moves by the Brownies.

RockRam139March 10, 2018 03:11AM

Re: Browns getting smart?

oldschoolramfan96March 10, 2018 06:14AM

As a UCLA fan

ferragamo79128March 10, 2018 07:19AM