Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

pillars of...

March 09, 2018 11:55AM
JamesJM
I can't figure it out. ... - JamesJM

I'm still processing it all myself.

I suspect though... they are not building four pillars anymore.

Or maybe its...different pillars. I dunno.

w
v
[www.stltoday.com]

Spagnuolo's four pillars: faith, character, core values, team first

By Bill Coats Jan 19, 2009

These were Steve Spagnuolo's opening remarks Monday before taking questions from reporters:

"It’s a privilege and an honor to stand in front of you as the head football coach of the St. Louis Rams. I’m a very blessed man.

"I’d like to first thank Chip Rosenbloom, Lucia Rodriguez, Stan Kroenke, John Shaw. A few days ago when we sat down and visited, it was due to them that we got to this point today. I’d also like to thank Billy and Lawrence McCutcheon, who were involved in that same process, for their role.

"I was very, very fortunate in this league to work for two outstanding organizations, and it’s because of the experience in those two organizations and the people that I worked with that I’m able to be here today. So I would like to thank (Eagles owner) Jeffrey and Christina Lurie, (Eagles president) Joe Banner, (coach) Andy Reid, (defensive coordinator) Jim Johnson and all the players and coaches down in Philadelphia who for eight years helped me grow as a football coach and got me to this point.

"And my deepest, deepest appreciation to the Mara family (Giants owners), the Tisch family (Giants executives), (coach) Tom Coughlin, (general manager) Jerry Reese and those very, very special coaches and players for the New York Giants who made two years there some of the most memorable years of my life. Very, very special.

"To my parents and family and friends for their undying support throughout my entire career. That’s all meant a lot. And most importantly, the most important person in my life, I’d like to thank my wife, Maria, for all she has done for me and hopefully will continue to do. Maria and I are real excited to be a part of the St. Louis Rams and this community. We look forward to a wonderful, wonderful experience.

"As a head coach, I will be committed to doing everything possible to bring success to this franchise. I’m not about predictions, I’m not about bold statements. But we hope that we’re going to be about faith, character, core values and team first. Those will be the four pillars we will hang our hat on.

"The group here -– Billy and myself and all the people that are going to work here in the St. Louis Rams organization –- we all know the overwhelming amount of work and effort it takes to build success and to sustain it. But I think with the help of the people involved and the support of an outstanding ownership group that we will be able to do that."
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

All this change.. just too complex for me...

JamesJM499March 09, 2018 09:47AM

Re: All this change.. just too complex for me...

oldschoolramfan151March 09, 2018 09:53AM

Rams43207March 09, 2018 09:56AM

CraigMatson116March 09, 2018 11:31AM

pillars of...

wv ram159March 09, 2018 11:55AM

Re: 8 pillars wv......

laram132March 09, 2018 12:07PM

8 pillars wv......

wv ram130March 09, 2018 12:49PM