Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

What do we need to do to get to the next level?

February 27, 2018 05:49PM
I’m stealing this topic from another board, but it’s such a good one that I thought we might have some fun with it, too.

So, I’ll start...

First, some generalities:

Our ST is solid. Just needs normal tweaking as roster turnover occurs.

Our O is really, really close. Sniffing distance, man.

Either extend Watkins, replace him with another FA, or roll with Reynolds/Thomas/Cooper. Do NOT tag Watkins. He hasn’t earned it.
Extend Sully for now to a 2 year extension.
Find our future Whit replacement this or next offseason.
I would NOT bring in a TE from FA or the draft. I’m bullish on our current corps under these coaches.

That should be sufficient for the O for this offseason. I would devote all my remaining resources to the D except for O depth moves here and there.

Find a quality NT. I don’t care if it’s a FA or a draft pick, but this is a high priority move and would be a giant help to our back 8 in terms of run D.
I would trade (if even possible) or release Barron. Not a good Wade fit and far too costly.
Trade or release Quinn. He’s a shadow of his former self and far too costly.
Move Ogletree over to Barron’s old spot.
I’m on the fence re Barwin. I could go either keep or release and still change my mind several times a day.
Replacements for Quinn, Barron, and/or Barwin must come via draft or FA. Sufficient funds will have been saved due to the releases mentioned and be available for other players. Littleton and/or Ebu might become surprise starters, so there is that.
Tru is a goner. Too costly and not a perfect fit in Wade’s D. Draft or FA for his replacement. Troy Hill looks promising, but we need to be sure.
Extend Joyner. No tag, don’t screw around with it, just extend him. He’s essential and he’s earned it.
Extend NRC.

Yeah, some of these will be considered controversial, but this is my current no pussyfooting take.

If these moves should occur, and I think that they are doable this offseason, we will have an amazing D against both run and pass, win TOP battles, get more than our fair share of turnovers. In short, be an elite D. It will actually contain 3 legit elite players. A nightmare to gameplan against in the playoffs.

Plus the league leading O will be back with a terrific ST corps.

Hot Diggity Damn!

Where did I go wrong?
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

What do we need to do to get to the next level?

Rams43485February 27, 2018 05:49PM

Re: What do we need to do to get to the next level?

NorCalRamFan178February 27, 2018 07:58PM

Atlantic Ram174February 27, 2018 08:40PM

LMU93153February 28, 2018 01:57AM

Re: My offseason recipe

spagsbacker234February 28, 2018 01:56AM