Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

the deal is done, let them cry

February 25, 2018 01:25PM
den-the-coach
The Chiefs could have continued shopping him right up to the 14th and beyond, however, the Rams offered the best deal and the Chiefs accepted. Because of the rule, they have to wait until the 14th and it makes sense the team getting the player would ask to keep it confidential. If players were involved like Quinn, it might have been different, but it's the way it has worked for years, when trades go down before the new league year begins.

But I do realize on Twitter you get all kinds, so I get it, but still I find it amazing, however, if they were tweeting about Molecular Genetics, I would be the same way.

The Chiefs wouldn't accept the deal if they thought they'd get more if they waited. I'm assuming by the way this has been reported that the two teams have a hard agreement on this trade getting done barring any unforeseen issues (medicals). For either of them to pull out now is bad salesmanship and they lose any trust in negotiations going forward. The NFL has only 32 teams and there is nowhere for a team that pulls dirty deals to hide.

~ max ~
“The consciousness of good intentions disdains ambiguity.” - Alexander Hamilton
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

A tweet that might explain the delay on MP trade compensation...

Rams43794February 25, 2018 08:55AM

Hard to believe that they would wait 17 more days...

jemach246February 25, 2018 09:56AM

Re: Man those comments are brutal.

Speed_Kills227February 25, 2018 10:38AM

Trade cannot go through until 1st day of league year, mid-March

Blue and Gold238February 25, 2018 11:30AM

Re: Amazing the ignorance

den-the-coach191February 25, 2018 01:01PM

the deal is done, let them cry

max162February 25, 2018 01:25PM