Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

disagree

February 17, 2018 06:02AM
I always thought Joyner would make a good FS. Said so from the start.

BUT he was used initially to be a nickel in a system that liked guys like Alexander and McDonald at safety.

Even then it was visible, I thought, that Joyner was destined for FS and Alexander for SS.

I don't buy the idea that the previous personnel regime --- Snead/Fisher --- had huge problems. If they had not done so well the new regime --- Snead/McVay ---would not have had a great 1-year turnaround.

And it's just not the case as you suggest that they were spectacularly good with some picks and the rest were used wrong or weren't that good. Sorry but to me that defies the facts.

(With this glaring exception---it's clear that the previous regime had issues at WR.)

Look at just 2 areas for examples. Special teams and the secondary.

In the secondary they got 3 starters in one year (2012) and I bet that no one can name another Rams regime that did that. And in addition to Jenkins, Tru, and McLeod, they got other guys too, like Joyner...this is so much the case that they could afford to trade away one (Gaines). I haven't even named everyone.

On special teams, all 4 major teamers went to the pro bowl (snapper, punter, kicker, returner). That's not just good, it's amazing---and again, no one else has done it. And that's not even counting guys like Littleton who was a good injury sub at ILB, and a good overall performer on special teams who also blocked 2 kicks. I mean. Jeeze. Who does all that. cool smiley

There is no simple blanket generalization that will allow people to just simply write-off all the personnel work from the previous regime. Doing that just does not hold up to scrutiny.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/17/2018 06:04AM by zn.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Lamarcus Joyner is PFF's No. 1 free-agent safety in 2018

Ramsdude420February 17, 2018 03:56AM

Joyner and our draftniks; Snead and Fisher

leafnose169February 17, 2018 05:39AM

disagree

zn163February 17, 2018 06:02AM

Re: interpreted

leafnose165February 17, 2018 06:27AM

Re: interpreted

zn118February 17, 2018 06:33AM

These FA decisions come down to a bang for the buck...

Rams43122February 17, 2018 07:02AM