Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: nothing wrong with it guys

February 12, 2018 07:56AM
zn

It makes sense to be objective about the NFC west. That will lead to different opinions. No one wants to dampen that. Going after guys's presumed motives or loyalty doesn't fit in to that.

And the truth is, it would be strange if JimmyG WEREN'T ahead of Goff at this point. Jimmy G was drafted 2 years before Goff, was 23 when he was drafted (Goff turned 23 this last season), and learned behind Brady on a very stable team.

Saying that has nothing to do with loyalty

I liked the Goff pick in 2016, I defended him after struggling as a rookie, and defended him during the summer when there was still some lingering skepticism. I think I am probably among the first posters here to declare he is ALREADY a franchise quarterback (that was in September [ramsrule.com] ...). So those are my "credentials" on Goff.

And, right now, there is no harm in saying JimmyG is probably ahead of him at this point. Others may disagree but a good case can be made. Why make that case? It's just being a realist. Realists get to post too... cool smiley

And I am an exclusive diehard Rams fan going back 4 decades.

Chances are, if someone posts here regularly, they are a diehard too and their opinions are all welcome.

Fair enough?

Fair enough zn. Point taken about the all opinions are welcome. It just seems to me that certain diehard posters like to go out of their way to put down Goff while praising Jimmie G. I am not saying Jimmie G is or will be a bad QB. He could very well turn out to be a good one. I also think Goff will be a good one too. I can deal with Jimmie G getting praises but don't need see the need to knock Goff while doing it. These same posters don't acknowledge Jimmie G's faults and weaknesses but go out of their way to point out Goff's. Just my opinion.

As you can probably tell I am a "positive" person. I don't come here to read negativity about my team. Let's be honest. There are some posters who come across as being very negative when it comes to the Rams, the city and\or certain players. It gets old real fast. If I want to read tons of posts about how great Jimmie G is, I can go to the Whiners board lol.

#HelmetHornsMatter

“Well, the color is good, I like the metallic blue,” Youngblood recently said while laughing, via NFL Journal. “The horn is terrible. It looks like a ‘C.’ When I first saw it on the logo I honestly thought it was a Charger logo.

“Now when I see it on the helmet, it just isn’t a ram horn. There is no distinct curl like a mature ram horn. I don’t know how the Rams could get that wrong. That is your symbol and it has been for what? Seventy years or more? Longer than I have been alive? It’s just not us, it’s not the Rams.”---Mr. Ram Jack Youngblood

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Rams offseason analysis: Quarterbacks

RamBill542February 11, 2018 02:50PM

Rams offseason analysis: Running backs

RamBill203February 11, 2018 07:09PM

first five vs. last five games

LMU93194February 12, 2018 03:11AM

Re: first five vs. last five games

Ramsdude227February 12, 2018 03:57AM

Re: first five vs. last five games

Rampage2K-125February 12, 2018 07:18AM

nothing wrong with it guys