Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Gonna be a fun offseason again, huh?

January 26, 2018 09:48AM
After seeing the gigantic improvements that resulted from all of the coaching and personnel moves made last offseason, who cannot be excited by what lies ahead?

If the upcoming personnel moves are anywhere near as solid as those of last year? The moves that took us from 4-12 to 11-5? It’ll be Wow! Just WOW!

The coaching is set, of course, and that was a biggie.

I see the following:

Some OL depth added, but not at the top of the draft, unless a LOT that they really, really like falls to them at #23. Seems somewhat doubtful.

The existing TE corps gets a ton of attention and steps up to take a significant place in McVay’s O. Don’t see a high draft pick at TE. A big outside FA brought in would also surprise me.

Sounds like Snead is hellbent on keeping Watkins. If not, then I do see them bringing in a FA at WR to try to duplicate their success with Woods last year. Might be a good bang for the buck move. Either way, our WR corps would seem set.

We bring in a new NT. Might be our 1st rounder, even. If not there, then maybe the 3rd. Would seem a big step toward improving Wade’s run D.

I expect some serious changes in our LB corps. A major renovation. Quinn probably gone. Maybe Barwin, too. Barron might be offloaded and Tree moved to his position. The 3 missing pieces to be filled by some combo of draft, outside FA, and maybe somebody already on the roster. Ebukam and/or Littleton? I dunno. We’ll see how Wade wants to play it. Our pick at #23 just might be a LB.

I make TruJo 75% to be gone. Won’t sign for a reasonable amount. TBH, won’t break my heart, anyway. A press man CB might be Wade’s preference, at that. New CB might be from the draft. Another possible choice at #23, but could be later. Snead has been very good at that. Otherwise, I see 2 FA’s brought in to be our starting outside CB’s. Can’t count on Webster’s healthy return and can’t count on Troy Hill as our other starter just yet. But here’s the thing. Snead and Wade both know CB’s and what they need in a player for best fit. So I have every confidence that they’re all over this CB situation.

Joyner will be extended. I would even use a “bank it” on that, frankly. JJ is our other starter at Safety.

All other players brought in will be for depth.

After the monumental changes last offseason, this season’s challenges seem like child’s play by comparison.

To summarize our offseason priorities:

Fix NT
Fix CB
Fix LB corps (hopefully, 3 moves there)
Make a decision on Watkins, one way or another.

The result just might be a SB worthy team.

Hot Damn!
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Gonna be a fun offseason again, huh?

Rams43443January 26, 2018 09:48AM

Re: Gonna be a fun offseason again, huh?

Ramsdude150January 26, 2018 10:57AM