Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Pre- Senior Bowl/ Combine position rankings

January 22, 2018 01:43PM
its that time of year where I start building my lists so I have a starting point for mock drafts and more importantly my bigboard. I thought I would share mine this year because there seems to be some interest. Anyhow, if I am missing someone please point it out. And as Flipper and Alyo may notice, I am focusing more on the power 5 conferences and FBS schools in general. I will throw in a FCS kid or 5 since I follow NDSU. I might even reach into a D2 school if I get a heads up on a kid.

As always, any questions are welcome.

2018 Position Rankings - Offense

QB:
1. Sam Darnold - USC - Had a down year, but like his potential and has flashed serious skill.

2. Josh Rosen - UCLA - Has the best feet in the draft and an elite arm, I worry about his head.

3. Josh Allen - Wyoming - Big time arm and mobility for a guy his size. Played on a horrible team this year and I think was pressing.

4. Baker Mayfield - Oklahoma - Undersized, but his leadership and playmaking ability are hard to argue with. Needs to mature.

5. Lamar Jackson - Louisville - More of a playmaker then a QB, elite athlete. Needs to improve accuracy.

6. Luke Falk - Washington St. - Good passer with height for the postion and huge numbers. Comes from a spread offense and needs to add weight.

7. Riley Ferguson - Memphis - Moves well and has a quality arm. Needs to add weight and will need time to develop.

8. Kurt Benkert - Virginia - he has NFL size and arm. A little mobile and throws a nice football. Needs to clean up his feet which will clean up his accuracy.

9. Mason Rudolph - Oklahoma St. - NFL size and arm and has put up big numbers. He is a statue in the pocket and lacks vision.

10. Mike White - Western Kentucky - has NFL size and an NFL skill set. Not much of an athlete.

RB:
1. Saquon Barkley - Burst, balance and power. He's a top 5 pick IMO.

2. Kerryon Johnson - Another balance, speed, vision back with decent hands.

3. Sonny Michel - Georgia - Game changing speed and can catch. 3 down back in the NFL.

4. Derrius Guice - LSU - Strong runner, played dinged this year.

5. Nick Chubb - Georgia - Tough, physical runner. More speed then you would think. Health issues.

6. Rashaad Penney - San Diego State - 2000 yard rusher. Physical with big play ability. Could climb the draft boards.

7. Ron Jones II - USC - Shifty runner that can catch passes. Needs to add some weight to be a 3 down RB.

8. Royce Freeman - Oregon - Big workhorse back with active feet. Played hurt this year.

9. Josh Adams - Notre Dame - Anothe power back with some wiggle. Really benefited from a monster OL.

10. Akrum Wadley - Iowa - A smaller back that catches everything. A threat in the return game. Shifty as they come. Not a 3 down back.

WR:
1. Calvin Ridley - Alabama - Route runner with nice speed and good hands. Needs to add some weight.

2. Courtland Sutton - SMU - A Size/speed guy at 6-4" 220. A favorite on mine for a while now. Needs route running work.

3. Christian Kirk - Texas A&M - A fast, dangerous WR that will instantly improve your special teams and play in the slot.

4. Auden Tate - FSU - At 6-5" he is your typical mismatch. Poor QB play hurt his stats this year.

5. Simmie Cobbs, Jr. - Indiana - Another big WR that can run routes, wins 50-50 balls and just out physicals CBs. Watch his Ohio State tape if you have doubts.

6. Marcel Ateman - Oklahoma St. - 6'-4" playmaker that I like more then his teammate Washington (who I was focusing on...) Routes need work.

7. Anthony Miller - Memphis - Caught my eye in the UCLA game - A shifty, quick route runner with incredible hands and toughness that will thrive in the slot.

8. Micheal Gallup - Colorado St. - Athletic, good hands, good route runner. Highly productive, under the radar type. I worry about his speed.

9. James Washington - Oklahoma St. - More fast then quick with good hands. Was a playmaker. I said 2 months ago he had a funny build. Like a RB. I see Walter mentioned the same thing 2 months later...

10. Jordan Lasley - UCLA - finished the year strong and is a 6'-1" playmaker that could climb draft boards.

TE:
1. Dallas Goedert - South Dakota State - a big pass catching TE that specializes in mismatches with better then expected athleticism. Can block. is stepping ip in level of competition from the FCS.

2. Mark Andrews - Oklahoma - Pure pass catcher that with cause matchup problems. Not really a blocker.

3. Mike Gesicki - Penn State - Huge 2nd level target at 6'-6" 250 lbs. Needs to improve his blocking.

4. Hayden Hurst - South Carolina - A seam splitting TE with a bit of a mean streak. Will be a 25 year old rookie.

5. Ian Thomas - Indiana - Caught my eye against Ohio State (same game as Cobbs) great hands and size , was under used at Indiana.

6. Troy Fumagalli - Wisconsin - Plus blocker with solid hands and is sneaky athletic. Birth defect caused his left index finger to be amputated.

7. Dalton Schultz - Stanford - Along with Fumagalli, one of the better run blockers. Soft hands and is a reliable receiver.

8. Durham Smythe - Notre Dame - Athletic WR and a willing blocker. NDs QB was bad this year and all the recievers payed the price.

9. Chris Herndon - Miami - Ideal 2nd TE in 2 TE sets. Willing blocker, good pass catcher and surprisingly athletic.

10. Adam Breneman - Massachusetts - Highly productive, with great size. Won't wow you with his speed. Has a Senior Bowl intive.

OT:
1. Mike McGlinchey, Notre Dame - Nasty run blocker that holds his own in the passing game. Most NFL ready LT so he gets my #1 spot.

2. Connor Williams - Texas - Injury really muddies the water on him. Might need a redshirt. Has flashed nfl quality LT ability and athleticism.

3. Orlando Brown - Oklahoma - A powerhouse RT IMO. Massive body at 6'-7" 350ish.

4. Chukwuma Okorafor - Western Michigan - A LT prospect that could use a redshirt as he discovered football later then most. Has played left and right and is a former soccer player, so above average feet for a OT.

5. Tyrell Crosby - Oregon - Strong, nasty LT that did not allow a QB pressure or hit.

6. Kolton Miller - UCLA - Could play left or right. Pass blocker first with long arms and above average balance. Good strength. Had an up and down season.

7. Martinas Rankin - Miss. St. - More a technician then mauler. Great size and length for a LT. went the JuCo route before MS.

8. Brian O'Neil - Pitt a really athletic LT that started out as a HS WR, then a TE at pitt then a RT for 2 years and now a LT.

9. Desmond Harrison - West Georgia - Have seen a little bit of him after getting a tip from a friend. Always in a 2 point stance. Excellent mirror. Needs to add weight.

10. Jamarco Jones - Ohio State - Had a good season as a run blocker, gave up some hits on his QB. In a word: Steady.

OG/C:
1. Quinton Nelson - Notre Dame - (OG) He might crack my top 5 by the time my bigboard gets posted. Mauling, nasty and can pass block. As safe a prospect as you will find this year.

2. Billy Price - Ohio State - (OG/C) value is as a OC. Really well balanced prospect that has above average athleticism.

3. Isaiah Wynn - Georgia (OG) - He could be a RT as well, plays mean but is not long enough to be a OT IMO.

4. Frank Ragnow - Arkansas - (C) An Alyo favorite. Tough run blocker that also didn't allow a QB sack. Has also played OG, but his strength is rare for a OC. High ankle sprain will keep him out of post season stuff.

5. Braden Smith - Auburn (OG) - Held his own against Christian Wilkins from Clemson in the opener. A balanced run/pass blocker has been consistant for a few seasons.

6. Will Hernandez - UTEP - If you like fire hydrant built bulldozers, you'll like this all american.

7. Maea Teuhema - SE Louisiana - (OG) - He was a OG for LSU last year. No idea why he was suspended by LSU or why he transferred. He can open holes for you in the run game.

8. Will Clapp - LSU - (OG/C) I liked him more then Ethan Pocic last year as a OC/OG prospect. I think he will be a OC in the NFL and does a very good job in the ground game.

9. Sam Jones - Arizona St. - (OG) a tad undersized athletic OG that would really fit in a zone blocking scheme.

10. Austin Corbett - Nevada - (OC/OG/OT) Has played all over and will be at the Senior Bowl. Steady in run and pass blocking.

Don't waste your time looking back, you're not going that way. - Ragnar Lothbrok
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Pre- Senior Bowl/ Combine position rankings

Deadpool1086January 22, 2018 01:43PM

Re: Pre- Senior Bowl/ Combine position rankings

Deadpool452January 22, 2018 01:44PM

As usual you and I are pretty dang close ...

alyoshamucci281January 22, 2018 01:57PM

Re: As usual you and I are pretty dang close ...

Deadpool266January 22, 2018 02:10PM

Thank you Deadpool

Ramsdude232January 22, 2018 02:20PM

Re: Use pencil cuz after he talks to me it will change!lol...NM

laram208January 22, 2018 02:34PM

Why did Gustin and Cam Smith go back to school?

Deadpool238January 22, 2018 03:53PM

Re: Senior Bowl notes

leafnose318January 25, 2018 04:06AM

funny about reports from All-Star game practices.....

21Dog210January 25, 2018 05:47AM

Perfect example: Allen Lazard

Deadpool187January 25, 2018 05:45PM

Re: Perfect example: Allen Lazard

bigjimram21151January 27, 2018 07:50AM

come on son

Deadpool160January 27, 2018 06:16PM

Lotulelei

alyoshamucci254January 22, 2018 03:09PM

Coy Bacon232January 25, 2018 05:17AM

I don't know about trustable insight

Deadpool480January 25, 2018 05:30PM

zn212January 25, 2018 08:30PM

Deadpool238January 26, 2018 09:39AM

Rams43213January 26, 2018 10:01AM

wow

zn182January 26, 2018 04:12PM

oldschoolramfan188January 26, 2018 07:07AM

RamsFanSinceLA226January 26, 2018 07:47AM

Re: Question about Senior Bowl Invitees.......

oldschoolramfan160January 28, 2018 07:11AM