Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: I can tell you why they might let some guys go: to get better guys.

January 11, 2018 12:14PM
RockRam
This idea that the Rams should keep guys that "helped them get to 11-5" is nice and sentimental; but it doesn't necessarily get you to the Superbowl.

I'm all for letting some of these guys go in exchange for guys that better fit McVay's and Wade's schemes. For instance: is TruJ a true press-man CB? He's not considered to be. And Wade typically wants press-man CBs. That doesn't mean that TruJ's a goner.......just meant to use this as an example of someone possibly not being the best fit for a scheme, and instead hoping to find someone who fits better.

I don't think McVay is going to act based on loyalty; but rather on getting better....getting "his" guys.....not staying the same for the sake of stability.

Nice post Rock and I agree. McVay couldn't get all "his" type players in one season. It will be interesting for sure to see what he does. smiling smiley

#HelmetHornsMatter

“Well, the color is good, I like the metallic blue,” Youngblood recently said while laughing, via NFL Journal. “The horn is terrible. It looks like a ‘C.’ When I first saw it on the logo I honestly thought it was a Charger logo.

“Now when I see it on the helmet, it just isn’t a ram horn. There is no distinct curl like a mature ram horn. I don’t know how the Rams could get that wrong. That is your symbol and it has been for what? Seventy years or more? Longer than I have been alive? It’s just not us, it’s not the Rams.”---Mr. Ram Jack Youngblood

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

I can tell you why they might let some guys go: to get better guys.

RockRam511January 11, 2018 11:47AM

Ramsdude251January 11, 2018 12:14PM

If we are worried about paying our guys...

jemach170January 11, 2018 12:17PM

Tru will be considered the TOP CB in FA by most....

Rampage2K-168January 11, 2018 12:54PM

Re: Tru will be considered the TOP CB in FA by most....

SoCalRAMatic236January 11, 2018 01:17PM

Re: very high chance Tru, Quinn, and Barron are gone

merlin166January 11, 2018 01:35PM

Re: very high chance Tru, Quinn, and Barron are gone

Ohiorams160January 11, 2018 02:10PM

Steve132January 11, 2018 09:56PM