Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Let's shift gears: order of priority for keeping Rams FAs

January 04, 2018 04:47AM
Rams have many FAs, mostly on D.

So in order of priority, who must the Rams get their signature on a new contract?

Here's my priority list.

1) Joyner Not only is he a good FS, he can play anywhere in the secondary.
2) Watkins If he doesn't pull CBs and Safeties deep, the intermediate passing game doesn't work nearly as well. Physical, speedy, productive WRs with good hands like him don't grow on trees.
3) Robey-Coleman Young man has played some seriously good nickle, and of course he can play Corner if needed.
4) Sullivan He has been a revelation at Center. Steady influence. He's 32, but that's not particularly old for an Olineman. He's stayed healthy this year (knock on wood). I'd have no problem signing him to as much as a 3 year deal.
5) Barwin Quinn is all but gone unless he's willing to rework his contract, so I'd like to see Barwin stay. Barwin played well but any new deal needs to be in the lower ranges because I think on pass rush downs he'll get subbed for quite a bit.

The reason that I didn't include TruJ is because clearly he wants top dollar and I doubt the Rams can sign all these guys while giving TruJ top dollar. If the Rams front 7 can get good pressure on the passer, the CBs don't have to be great; just steady and disciplined. Wade Phillips will have a huge say on this matter. This one's going to be interesting.

I also didn't include Donald because he'll still be under contract with the Rams. I have this hunch that the Rams know they'll never be able to sign him to an extension. Rather they are going to have to let Donald establish his FA market value and then match it or Donald won't be satisfied. That said, I predict he'll remain a Ram for many years to come. You don't just let future HOF players walk away the way those FO idiots did when Warner was sent packing.

Now that the Rams are on everyone's radar they are going to have to be pretty nimble to get the guys signed that they most want to keep otherwise the Rams are going to have their roster raided.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Let's shift gears: order of priority for keeping Rams FAs

RockRam531January 04, 2018 04:47AM

Re: Let's shift gears: order of priority for keeping Rams FAs

LMU93244January 04, 2018 06:36AM

I like that list

ferragamo79185January 04, 2018 08:07AM

Re: Let's shift gears: order of priority for keeping Rams FAs

Rams43197January 04, 2018 06:54AM

Re: Good list there Rock

merlin315January 04, 2018 10:15AM

Re: Good list there Rock