Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Pretty dramatic, but much truth involved.

December 19, 2017 05:47AM
I can't speak as to the accuracy of the USC Chip Kelly thing.

But I absolutely DO think that McVay and Shanahan are going to field amazing offenses.
I don't know that they are the 2 best minds in offensive football, but they are both certainly WAY up there.

The question will still come down to who is the best HC because they are HCs and NOT OCs. Time will tell. However, I suspect that if you polled writers and players and GMs today, McVay would win in a landslide because he is an extraordinary leader of men. The knock on Shanahan when he was being considered as an HC is that he is NOT.

When I see Shanahan, I think Martz. Great OC's. Innovative. Demanding. Precise. BUT.......elevate them to HC's? In time they crumble.

When I saw McVay use a valuable TO to pull his team off the field as things were about to get too chippy and out of hand, and he read them the riot act and reminded them that using their heads was preferable to being driven by their emotions, that says all you need to know about him. He was NOT going to let his players run amok even when there was zero chance that they could lose at that point. Why? Because 1) the Rams are about intelligence and discipline, and 2) the last thing the Rams need is a player hurt in an altercation or a player or 2 suspended for fighting.

And finally, as long as the Seahawks have Wilson, they are going to be a factor. That is a good team with a good FO. Cowherd is underestimating them.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Colin Cowherd on the Rams Demolition of the Seahawks

RamBill438December 19, 2017 05:34AM

Pretty dramatic, but much truth involved.

RockRam238December 19, 2017 05:47AM

pete carroll

wv ram167December 19, 2017 06:21AM

window has been closing

ferragamo79136December 19, 2017 07:15AM