Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

My playoff projections---but not really, but kind of...

December 18, 2017 10:28AM
I wrote this to my bro who is a Vikes fan:

Here is my perspective on the ‘entire’ NFC playoff picture and who can beat who:

Football is matchups, and so I don’t believe Case Keenum continues to play at a pro
Bowl level, though I do believe the Vikings defense will dominate in the playoffs against
Most teams. However, I do think the Rams and Falcons might be able to do some things
Against the Vikings that the other teams can’t. Dallas, the Falcons and Seattle may be the wild cards, we don’t know yet (even the Lions, too)

#3 seed LA Rams would
beat: Eagles or Vikings (very confident about Eagles, less on Vikings)
very well might lose to: Falcons or Saints and 50/50 chance on Panthers.
probably and likely beat: Seattle or Dallas

The Rams can beat the Eagles and Vikings straight up because of their QB play....assuming Case drops back a little. Also, the Rams may not match up well against the Falcons pass game or Saints run game....Oh, the Rams beat the Saints---yes, because they dominated Brees. In the re-match it will be totally different; this is the NFL, not high school. Coaches are paid to adjust, and Sean Payton will. Again, just opinion, kids.

Though the Vikings and Eagles might be better than the Rams, I don’t believe in their quarterbacks. Case can take them to the Super Bowl because of their defense.

#2 seed Vikings would
beat: Eagles, Saints, Dallas, and Seattle
very well might lose to: Falcons and Rams
probably beat: Panthers

The Vikings can easily stop Brees, and the Saints have an awesome running attack, but the Vikings are the defense that matches up with them.
The Rams and Falcons have probably the best “Offensive” minded coaches. I think both teams would re-play the Vikings totally different. LOL, maybe it wouldn’t matter, because Zimmer is a top 5 D coordinator.

#1 seed Eagles would:
beat: Dallas, Seattle and maybe the Panthers
would lose to: Saints, Rams, Vikings, maybe Falcons, too

Summary: I would love the Rams to beat the Falcons, then Vikings, then Eagles/Saints; however, beating the Falcons is no gimme. If they get past the Falcons, and stay healthy, I think they can beat ....in a game of matchups I wonder if we have the pass D to stop them....and they mix the run in very well. And another note: Football is all about matchups. If Cam Newton plays like 2015, I don’t think any team can beat the Panthers---he has been sooo inconsistent, so who knows know…..however, the Saints seem to know how because of the intradivisiona knowledge.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/18/2017 10:30AM by Steve.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

My playoff projections---but not really, but kind of...

Steve264December 18, 2017 10:28AM

Re: Projecting the Rams seed

Steve103December 18, 2017 10:34AM

Re: My playoff projections---but not really, but kind of...

Rams43101December 18, 2017 10:37AM

Re: My playoff projections---any team can win this year in the NFC

Steve82December 18, 2017 10:46AM

Minnesota will be a tough place to play

BigGame8196December 18, 2017 10:51AM