Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Las Vegas Bowl Boise State MLB looking good

December 16, 2017 12:10PM
Leighton Vander Esch is already the Mountain West Defencive Player of the year so it may come as no surprise he's doing well in today's game.
What I see is a pretty clean technique in his play with physical ability to make plays.
He does well against the run inside and outside and looks quick enough to get get blitz pressure .
He proved it with a hard sack just before half time.
Also forced a fumble on a pass to HB in
the flat very early in the game. That play Showed good diagnose, acceleration and form tackling .
Ball came out due to all that .
He looks like he,'ll get a starting NFL grade however he may return for 2018 ..
Probably not a first or second round eval but someone you could bang the table for in the third round because I think he helps your depth at both inside LB positions and the has the frame to another 7 pounds and help at strong side LB .

He was in double digits tackles in little over a quarter of play .

Takes a few quick lateral step s then charges into the hole to make plays.
Body type at 6-4,240 seems more suited for strong side than MLB which he is playing now .
Boise State is killing Oregon in the game (thier RB Royce scratched for his draft security against injury and they had a coaching change ) so maybe more data is needed against better talent or more inspired team.
I haven't seen a blocker get him so again can't complete report regard shed/take on ability except when he ran through RB block on blitz.
He and Ebukan would be a nice future at LB and he could rotate in with Barron and Tree if not a true starter.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 12/16/2017 12:19PM by CraigMatson.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Las Vegas Bowl Boise State MLB looking good

CraigMatson386December 16, 2017 12:10PM

Re: Las Vegas Bowl Boise State MLB looking good

alyoshamucci206December 16, 2017 01:16PM

CraigMatson228December 16, 2017 01:34PM

oldmanram192December 17, 2017 12:50AM