December 12, 2017 07:08PM
But many of us have.
It dawned on me as I read the post and responded to it that Gurley has not proven to be a Full load full season Back as a pro.

This is his 3rd year and none of the prior 2 seasons were finished strong.

McVay is no fool and is willing to be thought so if that is what it takes but imperical evidence supports just what he has done to date.

If he deems Gurley capable of finishing the season strong then its because of what he has done to get him to this point . It is only fitting that any talk of getting Gurley more involved is just as strategic as it is cathartic to fans. It makes sense and will make more sense as long as everyone is on schedule. Don't be fooled McVay is not governing this team by public sentiment or criticism. This talk of Gurley is only topical as many believe he should be more involved. He has to respond to the elephant in the room without shooting it.

This is McVay's team and he will do what he does. Any other spin on it to suggest he was admitting some failure is just not the fact. Hindsight is 20/20 and can easily work around a failure but the fact is it is not a true reality only a conjecture of what the past or present would look like if only. McVay and any great coach knows this. Don't be gulible. Agree or disagree they will frame the discussion and its win/win especially if it is going according to plan and its hard to say it is not.

No one had a plan that would make this team a winner from 4-12 but McVay did.

All of us couch coaches and hyperfans can do is say we predicted as much or pick at the failures which I have done but while looking in hindsight I can see a young savant who believed all along in what he could do as a coach and how he would do it and there you have it.He had the skill and talent and character to actually pull it off. He makes people better around him.

Los Angeles Rams

Rap on.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/12/2017 07:14PM by BumRap.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

McVay has not forgotten about Gurley...

BumRap343December 12, 2017 07:08PM

Re: McVay has not forgotten about Gurley... Great timing/planning

BumRap99December 17, 2017 03:15PM