Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

three examples of stupidity

December 10, 2017 06:43PM
Not picking on the Rams after the loss, but I noted at least three stupid things they did that were very costly:

1. Calling a time out when the Eagles had a third down late in the first half. The Eagles seemed to be in no hurry. It appeared that the clock would run down to well under a minute if they didn't get the first down. When the defense calls a time out in that situation, a smart opponent will get more aggressive on third down. This greediness by the Rams cost them a FG at the end of the half that may not have happened if the Rams had let the clock run.

2. The taunting by Trumaine Johnson. I have never liked him, and I look forward to the day when he is gone from the Rams. That stupid play cost the Rams a TD and the game. It was a stupid call by the refs. Players get in each others faces all the time. That incident seemed pretty minor. The officials shouldn't have made a game changing call on such a play, but Johnson is to blame.

3. The way the Rams wasted clock time when they got the ball with a little over three minutes to play. They continued their long pre-snap routine while being apparently oblivious to the fact that time was ticking off the clock. How can a team led by a brilliant coach do something so obviously stupid?
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

three examples of stupidity

L.A.Rams333December 10, 2017 06:43PM

#3 ironic issue

ferragamo79145December 10, 2017 06:52PM