Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Come on Max

December 10, 2017 04:42PM
RFIP
max
I wasn't even all that disappointed in Goff on the strip sack. He was put in a bad situation there by McVay, even though Goff held the ball too long.

I was disappointed in Goff on his last chance.

In fairness, McVay put him in a bad situation there as well with the 3 yard loss on first down.

But Goff did absolutely nothing on the next 2 plays.

He didn't get another chance after that cause somehow Foles makes a play. Just bad luck there.

Goff will get many more chances to show that he is a clutch QB, but I was hoping to see something here. So Goff is still TBD in the clutch department.

People moaned all over the Game board about running Gurley more, so they are down 2 and start the drive with a run that gets stuffed and McVay is wrong there too?

No dice.

To ME that game ended all to familiar to me to the Washington game. And lets be honest, Goff should have had TWO egregious interceptions that would have made the game a complete blowout in the first half. I am not talking about "could have been" ints, I am talking about "gimmes" that were just horrendous decisions/throws.

Goff is a good young QB who will get better but Wentz is on a whole nother level right now.

The concerns about these 2 QBs before the draft for me are still there.

With Goff, the critics said he rarely if ever came up big in clutch situations. And that still is a concern for me. Yes, he's still very young, but you cant teach clutch. And that is what separates the truly special ones. Wentz has shown it over and over.

OTOH, one of the issue I had with Wentz (and a big reason why I preferred Goff) was that his physical play lends to him getting injured. He was injured in college a few time and missed a lot of games. Well, the concern is real and we just saw first hand the results of that. If he continues to play like that I don't think his body will hold up long term.

~ max ~
“The consciousness of good intentions disdains ambiguity.” - Alexander Hamilton
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

My biggest disappointment was not losing the game...

max467December 10, 2017 03:41PM

Come on Max

RFIP278December 10, 2017 03:45PM

I dunno....

sacram132December 10, 2017 04:40PM

Re: Come on Max

max121December 10, 2017 04:42PM

Re the clutch thing

XXXIVwin148December 10, 2017 04:20PM

it occurred vs Seattle

21Dog161December 10, 2017 04:22PM

Re: it occurred vs Seattle... well no...

XXXIVwin147December 10, 2017 04:33PM

Exactly!

max125December 10, 2017 04:46PM

"glaring issue missing on his resume"

EternalHorns192December 10, 2017 04:23PM

Re: "glaring issue missing on his resume"

waterfield137December 10, 2017 04:38PM

you are right.

max189December 10, 2017 04:47PM

Yes. I was thinking more hypothetical than directly our situation.

EternalHorns110December 10, 2017 04:57PM