Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Game observations v Saints

November 27, 2017 06:45AM
Attended game yesterday and wanted to post a few quick notes .
Todd Gurley was running with intensity . Seeing #30 cutting back and accelerating out there doing his best when the Rams where backed up deep in thier own territory or near the opposition's end zone.
It was a noticible effort and his talent is ascendant ,,kinda reminded me of McCutcheon at his best winking smiley.
Shout out to Robert Quinn .I posted last week there was at least a notable hard hit in the Viking backfield on Murray by Quinn . In the negative vapor of his likely pending demise per board reviews .. Im not saying the downgrades are tottaly unjustified . So anyway my positive post for him went over like mothballs that day . Meaning there was no credit given to him even with a play Murray himself felt ( miked comments later "He took my soul there"winking smiley.
I'm daring to give him credit for his flash plays yesterday.
Was surprised to see Quinn dancing in Defencive Huddle's on breaks ? .

That ..compared to rumors of his constant pain. He showed speed to the QB around the corner on more than one occasion ,,,and he didn't go down at the average punch of a OT ..Rather he attacked the pocket and made an impact on game .

Without stat watching it was hard to know Goff had that great a game ,,,very good game yes though . Top 5
Passes that stood out to me ( forgive me if I leave yours out) in accending order ,,, In route to Watkins ,, the timing on that was a thing of beauty.

Pass to Watkins down to right sideline and the juggling catch for 31 yards ..
Sammy that catch with defenders close showed why he should be resigned just as much as any other. Good accurate throw by Goff and impressive effort on Watkins part in a show of strength in securing that catch.

19 yd roll out sideline tippy toes precise throw to Kupp .
That was a perfect strike on the run and perfect show of work between Kupp and Goff as well as Kupps ability to shake loose in zones . Wouldn't be a thing without the bullseye throw though.

The flair to Gurley .
Sometimes the smart quick throw to your RB in space out of the backfield is straight money .

With Gurley s ability to turn the Jets and put a ankle breaking move on you never know when a 7 yard pass could go 20 ,and when the timing and form is so perfect you gotta like that.

The throw to Higbee downfield .Lol .. Goff found him so wide open and Higbee made a couple effort moves for more yards after .. gotta give to both of them .

Last (extra ) the simple short out to Reynolds at the marker .
Pass on point great quick catch under duress by Reynolds showed toughness .
Kid will make the dirty clutch catch .
He's not just the the deep ball threat and Goff made the great throw that play.

Webster s tackle on Thomas was huge .
That may have been the game if the Saints score six .
Wow what a difference.
Mind you Thomas was probably as motivated as any Saint coming back home to his prep area (Taft High alum ala Fisher ). Somebody had to cover that man before he had a career day.

Over all the experience was great .
Second game this year and walking amongst the crowd Coming into gates immediately I felt the intensity between the fan base...
And the playoff vibe .
I knew it was a hugely meaningful game.

Overall I felt like we controlled the game dominated time of possession and had a semi comfortable two score lead although that got a bit nervous at the end .
Whitworth was a bit challenged by Jordan this game and so be it the ex Cal Bear is recognised top NFL player
Glad I made the made the game.

Keep going Rams
Winning season is a lock now !!!.
Hoorah winking smiley

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 11/27/2017 07:40AM by CraigMatson.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Game observations v Saints

CraigMatson684November 27, 2017 06:45AM

Thx very much for the report. Did you notice...

Saguaro229November 27, 2017 07:24AM

Re: Thx very much for the report. Did you notice...

CraigMatson219November 27, 2017 07:49AM

quinn

wv ram214November 27, 2017 08:00AM

Re: quinn

CraigMatson182November 27, 2017 08:27AM

cappaletti

wv ram191November 27, 2017 08:32AM

Re: cappaletti

CraigMatson179November 27, 2017 08:39AM

Re: cappaletti

CraigMatson133November 27, 2017 08:55AM

Re: quinn