Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

NEWS FLASH: The Rams are NOT the best team in the NFL (yet).

November 20, 2017 06:30AM
Yes, this is a reaction to the way that some fans are dealing with the post mortem of yesterday's game in Minnesota...

I get the disappointment. I really do. I'm disappointed too.

But... can't we be a little more even in our analysis? But yesterday was just one game. One bad game, no doubt. Most of the top teams have had bad games this year.

The Chiefs, who started off like gangbusters this year, lost to the lowly Giants yesterday and failed to score a TD.
The Seahawks allowed the Redskins to march down the field and beat them in the final minute two weeks ago.
The 7-3 Panthers have a 17-3 loss to the Bears on their resume.
The Steelers were crushed by the Jaguars 30-9 in a game in which Ben Roethlisberger threw 5 INTs.
The Vikings had a 14-7 loss to the Lions.
The Falcons managed only 7 points against a below average Patriots defense.

Those are just a few examples.

For those banging the "Rams offense has trouble with good defenses" drum, my only reactions are (1) duh, and (2) be patient.

The Rams are having a very good year, and stand a good chance of making the playoffs. Once there, anything can happen, but... make no mistake: THE RAMS ARE NOT THE BEST TEAM IN THE NFL.

Yet.

They might be some day soon, though. They have a (mostly) young core that is (mostly) signed at least through next season. They have young players (Goff, Kupp, Everett, J.Johnson, etc.) who will likely get better. And, let's not forget, they have a smart, innovative coach who, in 2018, will have a year as a HC under his belt. Can you imagine how good he might be next year?

So, my advice (take it or leave it) is try to enjoy this year's ride. I think the window is just starting to open.

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

NEWS FLASH: The Rams are NOT the best team in the NFL (yet).

RamFanEsq296November 20, 2017 06:30AM

Thanks for that upbeat post, Esq....

Rams43126November 20, 2017 06:42AM

Consensus was 8-8 coming into the season?

Atlantic Ram116November 20, 2017 12:22PM