Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

It's early; but do we have Bill Walsh The Sequel?

November 15, 2017 04:12AM
Bill Walsh, to me, was legendary in the way he could analyze defenses and then design and call plays to defeat them.
He simply knew the game, and could analyze it on the fly, the way few could.
He was known as a great communicator. What good is it to know, but to be unable to effectively communicate what you know to those who have to carry it out? I can't tell you the number of brilliant college professors I sat under who were barely understandable as horrible communicators.

9 games in is WAY too soon to anoint McVay as anything but as having breathed new life into a dead football team.

But, he doesn't seem to be doing it with smoke and mirrors or luck. He is simply outsmarting the other guy, motivating his team to play hard and with consistency, and developing his players in a discernable process. You watch them grow week after week.

It was maddening to watch Walsh's teams each year as they simply built and built and always seemed one step ahead. They played with intelligence, purpose, and a calm confidence. That's what I see happening with the Rams......at least for the time being.

Perhaps McVay is the new Bill Walsh.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Coaches who call their own plays

RamsFanSince69221November 15, 2017 03:48AM

It's early; but do we have Bill Walsh The Sequel?

RockRam94November 15, 2017 04:12AM

A Millennial Walsh

RamsFanSince69121November 15, 2017 05:06AM

Walsh.......painful reminder

21Dog87November 15, 2017 05:23AM