Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Goff's second half leadership is special

November 12, 2017 03:29PM
This kid's numbers are being controlled by Sean McVay. He is being well trained and reigned in. He makes sure that Goff is starting each game under control if not a little shackled. Drilling into him that all he needs is to manage the game and don't turn over the football. That has lead to some rocky and skittish starts. Goff is faithful to the game plan and very aware of the importance of playing within himself and those constraints even when it was clear some of the plays called were wrong, based on what the opponent is doing. He is trusting the HC and the HC is gaining trust in Jared. This will continue to be a work in progress because not only is Goff affected but the OL, WR and Running game. This process in McVays mind as it appears is necessary and best plan possible but it also has its risk.

I notice that what many are calling 2nd half adjustments are more McVay and Goff settling down into what I think our core strengths are and playing from our strengths and loosening the reigns on Goff. McVay, having given the defense something more to be aware of, then begins truly exploiting teams. Now little of this works if our defense fails and we fall behind early on. That being the case if that were then Goff may have bigger numbers but not as effective as he is being groomed to be.

I think Goff as a result has been nails in the second half of games.

Los Angeles Rams

Rap on.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/12/2017 03:36PM by BumRap.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Goff's second half leadership is special

BumRap300November 12, 2017 03:29PM

Re: Goff's second half leadership is special

stlrams13132November 12, 2017 03:36PM

Todd Gurley on the Rams slow start

IowaRam165November 12, 2017 03:39PM

Lol hes still going nm

Speed_Kills89November 12, 2017 03:40PM

He is also helping to get Goff in and out of the right plays

Speed_Kills124November 12, 2017 03:39PM