Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

It's just early. We're only at the halfway mark.

November 06, 2017 01:40PM
I'ts just early; we're only at the halfway mark.
We're about to cycle through each team playing the other teams in their division for the 2nd time and this is when the separation usually begins.
And, injuries play a significant role at this time of year.

I don't think it's all that unusual.

I would guess a lot is going to shake out by game 10 for each team; it usually does.
But then it's the home stretch when the intensity increases as the time begins to expire for mediocre teams to catch up.

Truly, the Rams are in as good condition as one could imagine. No starters are injured and only 1 back up is out; and even he is eligible to come off the IR at the end of the year. The Rams last 2 games have been their best games; they seem to be getting stronger and stronger. And, we're catching what looked like a real contender, Houston. at a fortuitous time. Arizona of course has it's QB problems as well as an aging defense; and the Niners are in a deadlock with the Browns for which team is the absolute worst of the worst.

The Hawks are the Hawks, and they are still the Kings of the West; but their age and vulnerabilities are starting to show.

Even more, since this is a young team the Rams seem to only now be understanding how good they can be, while the older vet teams have (generally) already pretty well reached the peak of whatever they can be and have to hope it's good enough.

But this is the NFL and things can take a bad turn in a heartbeat. That's one reason I was so glad to see our bench emptied and starters sat for almost the entire 4th quarter of the Giants game. Not only did it mean our starters only had to expend the energy to play 3 quarters, but it eliminated the possibility of injury to a key player AND it gave back ups meaningful reps in a real game.

The Rams are in the cat bird seat. The question is if they can remain there. The outcome is in their hands and that's all you can ask at this point.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

NFC is a traffic jam right now.

EternalHorns488November 06, 2017 11:26AM

Re: It has to clear up

Speed_Kills154November 06, 2017 01:21PM

I think a lot of divisional games are in 2nd half

ferragamo79318November 06, 2017 01:36PM

It's just early. We're only at the halfway mark.

RockRam138November 06, 2017 01:40PM