Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Anybody now think it will be a bit easier to extend our upcoming UFA’s?

November 06, 2017 06:32AM
I mean, because of the successes of this current McVay coached team?

Think about it.

The Rams have their fair share of players that they really want (maybe even need) to extend.

Donald
Joyner
TruJo
Watkins

These guys probably top the list but there are others, too.

My theory? Extensions might now be easier because this Ram team and coaching staff are exciting, fun to play for, and are going places. Places like the playoffs, I think. Geez, what more would a FA be looking for?

Assuming that the Rams can offer a competitive salary, what player wouldn’t want to stay? This is a golden opportunity for FA’s, certainly starting with some of our own. Notice some of the comments coming from TruJo lately? About how pleasing it is to (finally) be playing on a team that possesses a top O? Who knows? TruJo might just be a Ram in ‘18 after all.

Hopefully, our upcoming UFA’s can and will see the Big Picture when deciding where they want to play in ‘18. Nothing is more sad than seeing a quality player stuck on a team that is poorly coached and/or lacking in surrounding talent. And there is no shortage of such teams that will be waving their checkbooks at FA’s again this next offseason.

Here’s hoping that we can keep this McVay/Phillips Express going next year with key extensions.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Anybody now think it will be a bit easier to extend our upcoming UFA’s?

Rams43401November 06, 2017 06:32AM

Re: Anybody now think it will be a bit easier to extend our upcoming UFA’s?

oldmanram230November 06, 2017 09:40AM

Re: Anybody now think it will be a bit easier to extend our upcoming UFA’s?

Rams43189November 06, 2017 10:01AM