October 17, 2017 08:24AM
Who woulda thunk it that after 6 weeks the Rams have so impressed outsiders that the NFL power rankings have elevated them to #3!

I'm really rather skeptical that they're worthy of it. I think they've kind of become the flavor of the week.

However I also think the NFL guy who does the power rankings, Elliott Harrison, summed up their victory over the Jags exactly the way I think it ought to be seen; it looked ugly because 2 good defenses made playing the game on the O side of the ball darn tough. Really good D's typically make games look ugly. When you have TWO good D's on the field at the same time, it's a marathon of pain and ever getting an O in sync is really hard.

As McVay said, the Rams' ST's stole the day and that is what allowed to the Rams to come away with a hard fought victory.
We've seem glimpses of really strong O play, the STs are doing their job, and the D is finally getting Wade's 3-4 D scheme down and it shows. In other words, just a little more consistency and the Rams have strong units in all 3 phases of the game.....all the while being the 2nd youngest team in the league.

I'm happy to say just how wrong I was about Gurley. He has emerged as one of the best, most reliable all around backs in the NFL and the Rams wouldn't be where they are today without him.

But I'm just as happy to say that I was right about Goff; give him a little time to develop, some weapons and some oline protection, some decent coaching and he'll be a good QB for us for a long time. Will he be a star? Don't know. But right now for a kid that just had his 23rd Bday a few days ago, he plays older the same way that McVay coaches like an older vet.

And.....this makes them fun to watch. Regardless of what might happen the rest of the way, this is a team on the rise that ought to make Rams fans pretty happy .
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Unbelievable. NFL power rankings have moved the Rams to #3

RockRam304October 17, 2017 08:24AM