October 16, 2017 10:31AM
The mark of a champion is when you can win on the road and not play your A game. My brother's we won and it was ugly. I feel this defense was as good or better than Seattle's and they played maul ball with the with the Rams. This team is definitely a QB away from being a serious playoff contender year in and year out. It was like going back in time and watching an old Ram team of the 70's and 80's great D, great running game a QB away.

Special teams played great!

Defense is a work in progress, the only person who stands out is AD. They went right at Barron, Tree is improving week to week (going from bad to ok). We really needed Brockers to step up against a running oriented team and it felt like he wasn't there. It is hard for me to comment on this D because I do not know Wade's scheme or gap assignment so I limit my comment to pressure applied to other teams and contact or tackling. Quinn was absent the whole day other than getting called on a bad call. Overall I was not happy with our D's performance. We were playing a run oriented team with a bad QB (meaning get ready for screens or short passes) and they went through us.

The offense was not good. I am really impressed with Goff's maturation process and will go on record of saying next year he will be neck and neck with Wentz. The only thing I did not like about Goff's game was his pre snap reads, several times the Jags were not lined up correctly and Goff should have done an audible or quick count to have exploited that. Again he is learning and progressing to where he is going to be a great one for years to come. Gurley runs tough, we should have fed him the ball a lot more and I will mention that when I talk about the coaches. Gurley wanted to compete with Fournette and our line had a great day run blocking but a bad day pass blocking. Passing game our line was bad, Goff stood in there but they were coming in fast. Receivers, this is where the problem lies. Sammy Watkins is a great talent but not a great receiver. Last week Sherman was all over Sammy and they did not have to double him, this week the same thing. Sammy is a rare talent but he is not stretching the D, again in my limited view, Jacksonville did not adjust there D for him (he is not taking the top off this D and it is not Goff's fault). Teams are sitting on our underneath game, and because we have not established a deep threat teams are able to sit on the tight ends and receivers crossing underneath,this should not happening with with Watkins.

Coaching, I love our coaches but this was not a good game. Defensively I felt we should have run blitzed more or blitz period, Bortles is on the ropes we let him have a good game. Several times he was ready to wilt and we let me stay in the game. Offensively I thought McVay handed the headset to someone else. He is the master at creating mismatches and exploiting defenses, Jacksonville was giving us the run, we should have ran it until they stopped us. Jacksonville was playing zone under man on top and they were waiting for our bootlegs, crossing patterns, we did not stick with the run (what they were giving us).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/16/2017 10:34AM by Los Angeles Lenny.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

My take on the game

Los Angeles Lenny600October 16, 2017 10:31AM

Re: My take on the game

Steve367October 16, 2017 10:33AM

After the TD run the run defense was very good

Hazlet Hacksaw205October 16, 2017 11:37AM

Rams43225October 16, 2017 03:59PM

Thanks

Los Angeles Lenny130October 16, 2017 07:11PM