October 10, 2017 03:28PM
After pulling myself up off the ground when the ball skipped off Kupp's hands... I figured it would take me a few days to really get into a game review. Overall, I think the mistakes we made will make us a stronger team moving forward, from many angles and for multiple players. I plan on a severe beat down of Seattle IN SEATTLE when we play them. Kinda glad we came back down to Earth a little.

The Great

1) That we were one play away after having horrendous luck and making many mistakes.

2) JJ3. Got a quality starter on our hands and a presence on the back end.

The Good

3) Pressure on Wilson and Stopping the Running game.

4) Cody Davis making me eat my words last week with some quality play in coverage.

5) Tanzel Smart eating up double teams at the nose and Brockers moving all over the line.

6) Longacre and Ebukam with quality snaps.

7) Malcolm Brown getting 3rd down work and making the most of it.

8) Robert Woods looking like I expected him to out of USC, rather than how he looked in Buffalo.

9) Higbee? Dang ... guess we found some plays for him. He's dangerous downfield ... was not expecting that.

10) "Pretty good" pass protection.

The Bad

11) Need to have Sammy get his hands on the ball ... even if it means scheming him open specifically on some plays. It looked like Goff was trying to get him involved ... but on plays where he was obviously bracketed or even quadruple covered. I know that McVay is young and may not understand player psychology, but he needs to learn.

12) Offense out of synch. Not really "in step" ... don't know what that was about, at least the Rams weren't the only ones having issues.

13) The playcalling in the late 3rd and early 4th ... the first time we looked predictable and confused. Not ready to attack.

The Ugly

14) That freaking rule. It's the only place on the field where fumbling out of bounds is a turnover. Makes zero sense.

15) Tavon and punts. This is on Fassel/McVay. Guys ... he muffed or fumbled like 5 punts this year. Take him off punt returns. I was so surprised when he was on the field for that punt.

The Look forward

16) Jags are being hyped, just like we were. They have passing issues. They can be run on. We can beat them.

College

17) Im curious to see what the dropoff is at OC after Ragnow ... the kids on Wisconsin, Tennessee, Washington (a Shelton bro), Michigan State, Bama ... how good are they? Cole I think will likely go as a left tackle unless he has some weird issue I don't know about. Brian Price is a second rounder one way or another. Ragnow is a monster and IMO will rise into the top 40 or 50.

18) I'm starting to focus on CBs more ... I think in the first our BPA will be Rush OLB (there's some real top end talent at the position this year) ... but ... we have to get a Center and CB at some point. "When" is the question.

Thanks as always and thoughts and comments welcome.

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Blinkscout game 5 Seahawks ... Heartbreaker ...

alyoshamucci488October 10, 2017 03:28PM

Re: Blinkscout game 5 Seahawks ... Heartbreaker ...

leafnose137October 11, 2017 03:14AM

Spencer long

PHDram134October 11, 2017 03:35AM

draft thoughts

LMU93128October 11, 2017 03:36AM