Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

McVay Grade Poll for Today

October 08, 2017 05:55PM
Poll
what Grade for our great coach today?
Only registered users are allowed to vote for this poll.
23 votes were received.
A2

9%
B4

17%
C10

43%
D6

26%
F1

4%

What grade do you give coach today?

Results often taint your view and of course he isn't to blame for Goff falling over the foot on the drop back, or Gurley fumbling at the goal line, or the missed field goal, or the Austin Fumble, or the Goff Fumble, or the Goff Interception, and if all that doesn't happen, my guess the Rams win and score in the 20's, but I now expect 30's every game.

I felt his passing game was bad

1) Too much of the backups
2) Too much tight ends
3) Not enough Gurley
4) Not enough Watkins (He has completely mismanaged Watkins after that big Monday night game)

In general the great passing designs in the early game was replaced with receivers running straight down the field

No bunched wide receiver sets, no WRs in motion except for the Austin runs, no cross patterns, no pick plays with WRs running underneath. It was very bland with so much to backup players.

Austin had the one big play of the game on the 27 yard run with a big burst to split through the defenders after a good hesitation move.

My emotional feeling is to give him a D, but that may be because my expectations are so high now. I think if all the physical mistakes were not made, it would appear to be better after a win so I will cut him some slack and give a C-.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

McVay Grade Poll for Today

Rams_81413October 08, 2017 05:55PM

McVay can not

Los Angeles Lenny125October 08, 2017 06:23PM

FIVE Turnovers today......

Rampage2K-137October 08, 2017 06:27PM

exactly, R2k...coulda won after 5 TOs and odd playcalling

SunTzu_vs_Camus110October 09, 2017 06:59AM