Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

For what it's worth ...

October 08, 2017 08:56AM
And it ain't worth much ...

I am not feeling it today.

Yeah, I'm a Ram fan scarred from 50 years of heartbreak. And this is purely subjective feeling.

But, I have also watched a lot of football games and contests in other sports during that time. I often get a feel for how things are playing out, even if I'm watching teams or sports I don't know that well. e.g. Yep. This one just feels like an upset.

Right now, my Spidey-sense is telling me, OK, this is one of those games. Team on the rise is determined to knock off the Evil Empire. And they are just about there ... but not quite. They aren't ready to walk through that door.

I just don't FEEL that this callow bunch is ready to knock off the vicious band of old pirates. Sorry. I'm not there.

Now, I hope I am wrong. And I see no real objective reason we couldn't break the door down. The most encouraging image I have is McV calmly working things through with ice in his veins. If anyone is key to breaking through, it is McV. He MIGHT be ready to do it.

But ... I don't feel it happening. The other day, I said we should be EXPECTED to step up and win games like this. I still believe that. We're right there, on the cusp, and if we don't take the step, we will be letting ourselves down.

But, many a young team on the rise has faltered in a game like this. And it just doesn't FEEL like a win in my bones.

I fervently hope that after the game you guys are twitting the old, scarred fart for not having enough faith. If we do break through, I invite you guys to let me have it. I'll be celebrating with you then ... but not now.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Sudden Star(s) of Day Pychic Impressions

CraigMatson389October 08, 2017 05:57AM

Re: Sudden Star(s) of Day Pychic Impressions

Rams43162October 08, 2017 07:23AM

Re: Sudden Star(s) of Day Pychic Impressions

CraigMatson145October 08, 2017 08:20AM

For what it's worth ...

RFL149October 08, 2017 08:56AM

As one HOF'er put it...

Guard204October 08, 2017 10:50AM