Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: I love the way Vinny just rips Fisher a new one

October 08, 2017 05:47AM
den-the-coach
Fisher will never be a Head Coach in the NFL again, he might get a gig in college and even then I'm not sure, he could be a Defensive Coordinator to try and reinvent himself, but he was well paid and should be able to retire, but again a DC in the NFL or in college I could see, but give the Rams credit for moving on in the right direction.

Again some people want to give Fisher credit and my feeling is Kroenke paid Fisher as one of the top Head Coaches in the NFL and did not get enough bang for his buck and again I would love to interview Fisher and ask him, knowing his history and that offense was his Achilles heal, why did he not go after a high profile Offensive Coordinator or experienced Offensive Coaches?

Some people counter with Fisher would have never given his OC total autonomy, but why not? Again, Fisher was smart enough to get rid of Tim Walton when he knew he could hire Gregg Williams and even had to swallow some pride with Williams after he had fired his son Blake after the 2012 season so Fisher had to mend the fences to bring Gregg Williams back into the fold. But for some reason just kept moving down the food chain when it came to Offensive Coordinator from Schottenheimer, to Cignetti and then to Boras AKA, Larry, Darrel & Darrel...I just would love to ask him that question.

It's my mantra time! big grin smiley I personally think that between 2012-15, they did about as well as could be expected considering the fact that out of 64 games, they had both a starting caliber qb and a relatively healthy, reasonably veteran OL in a total of 15 games. So my take is that I hope that stuff doesn't happen to the McVay Rams. I don't want to see a situation where the left tackle is Cornelius Lucas, the guards are Blythe and Neary, and the starting qb is Brandon Allen.

Meanwhile I like McVay and happily predict he will be the Rams coach for at least a decade. They will be a team to contend with, that's obvious, and if they can straighten the defense out, could even be that this year.

But I don't wish on them the double whammy of starting a #2 caliber qb and an injury depleted to the point of ineffective OL for 49 out of the next 64 games. cool smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/08/2017 05:48AM by zn.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Bonsignore: Jared Goff remembers Richard Sherman’s knockout blow

RamBill641October 07, 2017 09:31PM

I love the way Vinny just rips Fisher a new one

GreatRamNTheSky233October 08, 2017 04:51AM

den-the-coach417October 08, 2017 05:22AM

zn229October 08, 2017 05:47AM

NM

ramBRO185October 08, 2017 05:50AM

Re: Skill Set