Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Blinkscout Game 4 ... Cowboys ...

October 04, 2017 11:04AM
It's been a long time, hasn't it? I almost don't know what to write when I don't need optimism to get through a write-up.

Also, I watched on my phone and missed some plays ... father duties and all.

The Great

1) Whitworth. Just going to go ahead and put him #1even though Gurley was amazing.

2) Half time adjustments ... where have these been the last 10 years?

3) GZ ... 7/7.

4) Gurley out of the backfield ... I drafted him in every fantasy league because he was undervalued due to last year ... winking smiley

5) Serious playoff hopes? I'd say so, for the first time in a long time.

The Good

6) Goff continuing to progress, spreading the ball around.

7) Trumaine on Dez. Not because he won every time, but because he consistently was in his grill, which always leads to Dez not being in the right spot or getting frustrated ... which ends his game.

8) Brockers ... this was already mentioned I believe on the board ... but he's manning the nose with a high level of play in what Im counting as a lot of snaps for that position.

9) Austin ... all he needs is one less guy in the box, a little more of a passing threat ... and he can hurt teams. Yes, he's overpaid, but he's likely going to be an asset this year.

10) WR Blocking. Our guys are drive regardless of catches. That makes me smile.

11) The timing of the plays seems tight.

The Bad

12) Webster's drop.

13) The Holding call on Frederick (yes, I know). I wanted to beat them without that, but it's nice to see one go our way for once.

14) Missing Higbee twice (especially the first one that could have been picked).

15) Want to see more of our young pass rushers ... Ebukam and Price (Price may not have suited up).

16) Time out and challenge issues. He'll learn I guess.

17) Getting run on. I'm not a fan of that.

18) Cody Davis. Let's get Johnson up to speed sooner rather than later.

Expectations

19) I expect to see a lot of Everett, Higbee, and Kupp this coming week.

20) I expect the kitchen sink on defense against Seattle's weak O line, with Barron or Tree spying on Wilson.

21) I expect to still score 24+.

22) I expect to stop their running game and break even in the passing game.

23) I expect to beat a reeling Seahawk team.

College

24) I don't know that there are true #1 CBs this year. Maybe McFadden ... but the best CBs in the nation seem to be sophomores. We can likely get a decent player in the 4th or 5th that could challenge to start IF we lose Tru.

25) Ragnow is my biggest target in the draft right now. The only player that I would trade up to draft (from 3rd to 2nd). His mentality and focus along with his furious play ... I know he'll likely be a 1st rounder by the end of the year, and who knows, maybe he's worth it in the late 20s where we'll be picking winking smiley

26) There are some small angry RBs that will go late and be great values from smaller programs.

27) I think there will be some swing OT talent ... last year was just terrible. The kid from Western Michigan will likely rise ... but hopefully that pushes someone down (Louisville team has their OTs play the left and right side)

28) The games don't look too good this weekend in college, but who knows. Miami FSU may be good. Georgia Vanderbilt.

Anyway, that's what I got. Thoughts and comments welcome.

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Blinkscout Game 4 ... Cowboys ...

alyoshamucci837October 04, 2017 11:04AM

Cody Davis and Tree

RamsFanSince69355October 04, 2017 11:55AM

Tree I gave a pass to because I didn't have access

alyoshamucci306October 04, 2017 03:49PM

Re: Tree I gave a pass to because I didn't have access

hubestar291October 04, 2017 05:29PM

John Johnson

LMU93241October 05, 2017 03:21AM

Re: Blinkscout Game 4 ... Cowboys ...