Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

A rare prediction: D

October 04, 2017 08:54AM
I rarely make predictions. But, here is one. I predict that ...

Starting this week, the D will improve its efficiency and production significantly and will continue to play very well going forward.

Why do I say this? I hearken back to reported remarks from last week's half time. Apparently, players said that ...
  • At halftime, they were saying to each other, "Hey. these guys are doing exactly what we were told they would do,
  • In the 2nd half, they trusted the scheme and were more effective.

One of the big hurdles that a team with a new system needs to clear is trust. It's one thing to "know" what to do. It's another thing to start doing it while thinking. It's something yet again for players to TRUST the system, to TRUST teammates to do their jobs, and to TRUST that if they do their jobs, they will be productive.

Breaking through into trust can comprise a key threshold from struggle to effectiveness, Those comments that I read really resonated with me as a mark of genuine growth. I think they will sharply improve their effectiveness.

Now, I am aware of ongoing challenges. I think the rush defense has been hurt by soft LB play, and I am not sure that that issue can be wholly overcome. (I have a lot of doubts about Tree.) Our D probably has a lower true ceiling than we all thought going into the year.

But, I see no reason why it can't be an effective defense, maybe 2nd tier. And if these guys really begin to trust Wade enough to do their jobs, they will play better. I think we'll see that this week.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

A rare prediction: D

RFL696October 04, 2017 08:54AM

Re: A rare prediction: D

21Dog273October 04, 2017 09:04AM

Fine tolerances

RFL256October 04, 2017 09:09AM

Rams second-half adjustments included not blitzing Cowboys QB Dak Prescott as much

zn270October 04, 2017 03:07PM

I have to adjust this (lol)

zn205October 07, 2017 06:45PM

Re: A rare prediction: D

Killrazor299October 04, 2017 09:10AM

I said all along that it will be Game 5 where the defense will start to click

chunkmeister194October 07, 2017 08:12PM