Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Rookie QB's and COACHING, we got a good one!

October 02, 2017 11:03AM
We had much discussion and a lot of acrimony over our first round pick Bradford. It's still a sore topic with many on this board. So I tread lightly. I wanted SUH, but I'm a Husker fan. Despite Bradford collegiate choice I was happy with the pick and believed he would be productive starter if not a superstar. I supported him against all of his detractors because he was a RAM. Fast forward to the beginning of this year and the acrimony on this board over the Goff pick. His production last year was atrocious and pundits everywhere were all calling him an absolute bust. But a funny thing happened on way, he got good coaching and that same coaching got talent around him. Looks like he deserved to be a number one QB. When Warner took over in 99, he came into a team loaded with talent and a an offensive coordinator with a system to utilize it. Warner, although not technically a rookie enjoyed unparalleled success. Bradford has had some success since leaving the Fisher coached Rams. He was stellar in his first game this year, but unfortunately injured now.

This league is driven by QB superstars. The media focuses on them. How can a team win without one of these superlatively talented QB's who just have "it"?
Not every QB can stand in the pocket, stay composed, find the open receiver and deliver a perfect strike before taking a hit. But i do believe there are many more who could if they had better coaching. The media is beginning to notice Goff looks like a true #1. What I have come to appreciate is that he is doing so because of COACHING. McVay deserves the credit and I am confident the Ram players and team is in good hands.

Too bad Bradford didn't have that kind of coaching when he was with the Rams. That poor coaching set both the Rams and Bradford back. In support of this here is a quote from another poster I read today.

Killrazor
LMU93
QB ratings playing under Fisher:
Sam Bradford- 85.3
Case Keenum- 79.5
Jared Goff- 63.6

After leaving Fisher:
Sam Bradford- 94.6
Case Keenum- 94.4
Jared Goff- 112.2
)))))

This is the kind of stat package that I love the Herd board for. This says alot for me.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/02/2017 11:29AM by hammer.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Rookie QB's and COACHING, we got a good one!

hammer576October 02, 2017 11:03AM

Re: Rookie QB's and COACHING, we got a good one!

DESERT RAM242October 02, 2017 01:00PM

Re: Rookie QB's and COACHING, we got a good one!

Classicalwit204October 02, 2017 05:40PM