Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Two contradictory thoughts

September 28, 2017 06:11AM
I'm trying to figure who this team is...

On the one hand, we gave up 39 points to a 49ers team that to that point in the season was still looking for their first touchdown. We made Brian Hoyer have Tom Brady numbers.

On the other hand, we went toe to toe with a Redskins team that went out and flat dominated a very good Raiders team this last weekend. Had it not been for a Robert Woods cluster-fork of mental errors, we most likely tie that game and have a shot at a win and 3-0.

On the other other hand, the 49ers game was only close due to mental errors - lining up offsides on 4th and short, losing concentration and dropping a punt return,and Cooper returning it at all on that last kickoff return. (BTW, that is on the coaches not Cooper in this case. In that game situation you have to TELL your returner to take the knee as long as the ball is kicked into the end zone.) I don't count the onside kick -it was perfectly executed by the 9ers and you have to give them their props.

So....if not for dumb mental errors, we would have dominated two bad teams.

If not for mental errors, we had a shot at beating a very good team and going 3-0. (If you did not happen to catch Redskins Raiders last Sunday, trust me. The Redskins looked like the best team in football and it wasn't close. They dominated on both sides of the ball.)

Conclusion. Not sure I have one, but it might be this - we are good enough to beat nearly anyone if we don't shoot ourselves in the foot, and we need to keep emphasizing mental discipline and awareness.

Thoughts?
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Two contradictory thoughts

PeoriaRa468September 28, 2017 06:11AM

Re: Two contradictory thoughts

Rams43182September 28, 2017 06:51AM

Hollywood Ram153September 28, 2017 07:52AM

Hollywood Ram127September 28, 2017 08:02AM

Rampage2K-135September 28, 2017 08:26AM