Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Yes ... but on what time frame?

September 23, 2017 08:18AM
RFL
Rampage2K-
That's the crazy part.....the Kid and Co. Are only THREE GAMES into this new system and have already done what took TEN YEARS to do the previous decade by dropping a couple forty burgers....that's nuts!!! ...

This team is starting to remind me of some other team that was coming off a 4-12 season and quickly became one of the most talked about teams in history.

Last month I posted about how we are all about to witness the birth of a dynasty..... I can see it happening.yes

Ok, time to pass the kool-aid.beer

I agree that something real is emerging. I am confident that, barring injuries, we will move up the ranks this year.

The question is how far? Now, I always argue against trying to apply some abstract metric of how far a team can go in one year. You are clearly hinting at '99, a team which all the way from worst to first. That is possible.

However, I don't sense that we are going that far this year. The '99 team had a really sound defense and unusually smart veterans at most offensive positions. Martz taught his system to people like Ike and Marshall, the smartest RB in NFL history.

By contrast, we have a suspect defense and a lot of youth. I think we are STILL the youngest team in the league. I am not sensing the emergence of a great team--at least not yet--similar to the one in '99.

Ultimately, of course, the question comes down to Kurt v Goff. Kurt was young and green and turned out to be a HoF guy. Goff is young and green ... and what? He's good and getting better. Is he THAT good? Great? If so, how quickly can he grow into greatness?

I just think the timeline is longer, and I don't expect glory this year. I don't feel that.

But you are right in comparing the timeline with the decade that preceded it. We are getting somewhere really fast after a decade of idling in place.

It's nice to watch this emergence!

You know...there is one thing in life and it's that you never know.....???

What IF this defense starts to play up to their capabilities?

What IF the special teams gets back to being one of the best in the league?

What IF this TEAM gets hot?

You just never know......

Obviously the '99 team was a little more veteran and was just simply magical the way it all happened, but why not do it again?!!!

Yes, the defense and special teams are going to have to join the party and are going to have to SHOW UP soon though.....can't wait til they do!!!beer cheer smiley

[www.instagram.com]
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Next Gen Stats- the New Triplets

Rampage2K-593September 22, 2017 06:18PM

Re: yup great read

Speed_Kills249September 23, 2017 03:22AM

what's funny is our offense stills feel off balance....still learning....

SunTzu_vs_Camus251September 23, 2017 06:37AM

Re: what's funny is our offense stills feel off balance....still learning....

Rampage2K-262September 23, 2017 07:55AM

yup, we need to resign Watkins...ASAP

SunTzu_vs_Camus220September 23, 2017 08:05AM

Yes ... but on what time frame?

RFL241September 23, 2017 08:08AM

Re: Yes ... but on what time frame?

Rampage2K-258September 23, 2017 08:18AM

Hey. It's possible.

RFL232September 23, 2017 08:23AM

Re: Hey. It's possible.

Rampage2K-230September 23, 2017 08:30AM

guinnessram206September 23, 2017 10:29AM

Rampage2K-233September 23, 2017 10:41AM

THE FANATIC258September 23, 2017 12:35PM