Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Goff, finally starting back home, is 'done' talking about last year

September 21, 2017 11:51AM
Jared Goff, finally starting back home, is 'done' talking about last year

Alden Gonzalez

THOUSAND OAKS, Calif. -- Jared Goff was a 7-year-old playing Pop Warner football, torn between two jersey numbers: 12 or 16?

"My dad was saying, 'Oh, Joe Montana is 16,'" Goff, now the Los Angeles Rams' second-year quarterback, recalled earlier this week. "I had no idea. I was 7, and I was like, 'All right, I'll wear 16.' And just never left it. Then as time went on, I obviously learned about Joe Montana, and it made it even more special."

Goff was born and raised in Novato, California, in Marin County just north of San Francisco. His father, former major league catcher Jerry Goff, turned him into an ardent 49ers fan and taught him all about Montana. On Thursday night, when his Rams face the 49ers on the road, Goff will finally get an opportunity to start a regular-season game at Levi's Stadium, home to the team he grew up rooting for.

Goff never got that chance last year, inactive for the Monday Night Football opener of his rookie season.

He no longer cares to look back.

"You guys keep wanting to talk about last year, man," Goff said. "We're done with that. We're on to this year. Last year was a whole different deal, and this year is exciting."

Read Complete Article
[www.espn.com]
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Goff, finally starting back home, is 'done' talking about last year

RamBill233September 21, 2017 11:51AM

Why a Jared Goff breakout could actually happen

RamBill139September 21, 2017 11:55AM

Graziano: Rams QB Jared Goff Set Up to Excel –Video

RamBill124September 21, 2017 12:08PM