Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Goff ranked 23rd

September 21, 2017 06:20AM
I really don't get all the anti Goff attacks. First, it's not his fault how many or high the picks were to trade up to draft him. Blame management. Not his decision. Also not his fault in what kind of system his HC ran in college. Blame the HC. But, you can't really even do that because it worked in college and his team won which is the college HC's job.
Can't blame JG for being picked number one overall. If anything he should be commended for beating out all the other players for that slot.
Can't blame him for being 22. That was when he was born. Blame his parents for not conceiving him earlier, if you must. Can't blame him for not starting earlier last season either. It was a totally new level and system to him. He worked hard to learn but Fisher knew he would lose his job if he didn't win and felt Keenum would save him. When it became very obvious that that wouldn't work and Goff kept showing superior talent to Keenum they finally put him on the field. But, with what? Our OL was in shambles and couldn't run block or pass block. Our receivers were dreadful and dropped a ton of passes. And Boras's system wasn't even a pro system. The D almost always knew the play and would stop it in the backfield. So we would lose games and Goff being the QB gets the blame. So, fast forward to this year. A whole new coaching staff comes in. Two new OL are signed. New receivers galore. A whole new offensive system is put in place. Keemun is gone and Goff gets the reins. Our Rams beat the crumb out of the Colts. Goff passes for over 300 yards and looks like a terrific young QB. But then, he has a not so good game while throwing a crucial crunch time pick and he totally sucks again? He's throwing too soon? He's throwing to his first read? Come on. He has spread the ball around. He has hit most of his targets usually right on the hands. If our pass blocking holds up and he gets more time to throw he will go through his progressions better. If TG30 keeps running and catching passes like this past week the whole offense should be more successful. For the most part I think you have to wipe Goff's rookie season from your minds. Bad coaching. Bad line. Bad receivers. It was a mess. Nobody would look good in that situation including Brady. I think the kid is going to be very good. He reminds me of Alex Smith. And if that's what we get from him I'm good with that. He's going to have ups and downs this season. I predict 8-8. If we resign Watkins and add a good RG I think this offense will be very good next season.
In the meantime give the kid a break. He's 22 and tonight is only his 10th NFL start.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Goff ranked 23rd

napoli482September 21, 2017 05:16AM

nice stat find

ferragamo79211September 21, 2017 05:32AM

not sure what that stat really means

max210September 21, 2017 05:35AM

Question

RFIP243September 21, 2017 05:36AM

Re: Goff ranked 23rd

SoCalRAMatic294September 21, 2017 06:20AM

Can you find the stat for last season?