Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Rams Fall to Washington 27-20

September 17, 2017 05:54PM

Myles Simmons

LOS ANGELES — The Rams had difficulty slowing down Washington’s ground attack all game long, as the visitors amassed 385 total yards and possessed the ball for 36:19 to defeat Los Angeles, 27-20.

The Rams tied the game at 20 midway through the fourth quarter, and had a chance to even it once again after Washington scored a go-ahead touchdown with just under two minutes to play. But on 1st-and-10 from the Rams’ 28, quarterback Jared Goff threw an interception to Washington linebacker Mason Foster, effectively ending the contest.

“It was just one of those deals — they did a good job playing vision defense,” head coach Sean McVay said of the turnover. “Mason Foster made a flat break underneath on a quick-game concept that we had. I probably could have given us a better play, and we could have made a better decision with the football.”

“Yeah, I think it was a good play by their defense,” Goff said. “They covered it up pretty well. A play I probably should’ve got to the check down on, and [a play] I wish I wouldn’t have made, obviously. Tough way to end it.”

But Washington’s ground game was Los Angeles’ biggest issue on Sunday, as the home team surrendered 229 yards rushing. Washington averaged 5.9 yards per carry as a team, and had three different running backs finish with at least 67 yards.

But Washington’s ground game was Los Angeles’ biggest issue on Sunday, as the home team surrendered 229 yards rushing. Washington averaged 5.9 yards per carry as a team, and had three different running backs finish with at least 67 yards.

Read Complete Article
[www.therams.com]
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

RamBill341September 17, 2017 05:54PM

Frustrating loss shows how far Rams have come

RamBill187September 17, 2017 05:59PM

Rams can’t complete comeback in home loss to Washington

RamBill205September 17, 2017 06:10PM

Rams Run Defense Comes Up Short Against Redskins

RamBill198September 17, 2017 06:16PM

Aaron Donald’s return mostly a dud, as Rams are gashed on the ground