Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

I like McVay but I think Shanny would have been great w/Goof..nm

September 14, 2017 05:56AM
Rams43
I mean, blind, stupid lucky beyond anything remotely normal or expected?

Kurt Warner. A UDFA just sitting there when Green was injured.

Russel Wilson in the 3rd round.

Tom Brady in the 6th round.

Every once in a while extreme good fortune just falls into one's lap. Have I properly set the scene?

Well, I've got a sneaky feeling that the Rams may have gotten similarly "stupid" lucky with the McVay hire.

They were reportedly hot for Shanahan and were conducting due diligence interviews with others while waiting for Shanny to finish his playoff run.

Including this 30 year old youngster named Sean McVay.

McVay had a jaw dropping interview and to their credit, the Rams hurriedly conducted a 2nd interview and then wrapped him up with a 5 year contract. They STOLE him from right underneath the Niners noses! The Niners actually had interviewed McVay previously and were also blown away with him. A delicious "steal", huh?

Due to a blizzard, the Rams never did get that interview with Shanny. More Ram "luck"?

See what I mean? What an unusual chain of events that resulted in the hire of our 30 year old (at the time) HC.

Don't know about you, but I'm beyond impressed with this young man. Almost too good to be true impressed, honestly.

Yeah, it's early. But we HAVE had nothing but superlative feedback from players, coaches, and beat writers about him for 8 months straight. Plus the 4 PS and one regular season game.

Know what? I foresee a lot of good times and not a few playoff wins in our Ram future with Sean McVay. Has lightning struck twice for the Rams in these last 18 years?

We'll see. But you can color me very optimistic as of today. Lol.

R.I.P. Nelson aka TonyHunter87 1971 - 2017 far too soon..

Your last words to me: "Your a great guy RFIP. I was very sad when you left the board, and your son, but was glad to see you back. Take care my friend, may God be by your side." 09/09/2017 12:58AM

No Nelson, you were a far better man than I, and I am sure an awesome husband and father as well. I will miss you my friend. -RFIP
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Every so often a team gets REALLY lucky, huh?

Rams43482September 14, 2017 05:48AM

I like McVay but I think Shanny would have been great w/Goof..nm

RFIP204September 14, 2017 05:56AM

Goof? LOL I bet Shanny wishes he had Goof instead of Hoyer

GreatRamNTheSky127September 14, 2017 06:03AM

There you go again

stlramz143September 14, 2017 06:07AM

When the feces hit the fan...

JamesJM153September 14, 2017 06:09AM

Re: There you go again

Rams43123September 14, 2017 06:38AM

REALLY lucky after 17 years of mismanagement...

max112September 14, 2017 06:22AM

I think this is a great post...AFTER

Saguaro147September 14, 2017 06:44AM

One of the things about McVay that I'm very positive about...

JamesJM127September 14, 2017 06:50AM