Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

TonyHunter87 is my friend... my good friend..

September 08, 2017 02:17PM
I’ve never met Tony, in person that is. We have, however, met. He’s my friend. A friend among many here on the Herd Board. So my topic title does not come only from me... it comes from all of us.

Geez, it’s hard to take in that some of us have been gathering on this forum now for 20 years, or longer. Yes, we all share a common interest, passion if you will… but, and I think I can speak for most of us, relationships brought about by a single common passion grow… evolve. And for me - and again, I think many of you… friendships are formed. Real friendships… honest friendships, sincere friendships.

Tony is going through a very difficult time right now… he and his family. Tammy’s update, (Tony’s wife), in Steve’s thread struck me as I know it struck all of you. I think… it left us all a bit speechless.

As I thought to write this post I knew before I wrote the first word that I wasn’t capable of doing so, at least not in the way it should be written… said the way it should be said… conveying the heartfelt sentiments I, and all us, feel at this time.

TonyHunter87, Nelson, is my friend, he is our friend. That’s not merely a ‘word’.. “friend” that is… It’s so much more. We share the Rams… but we also share a common bond that extends beyond the Rams… not easily expressed. Come Sunday I’ll be avidly waiting to see what 2017 portends for the Rams… but it won’t be the main thing on my mind. Not by a long shot.

No further than my own living room this Sunday I’ll be watching with Nelson and his family as they go through this difficult time. As will all of you. Watching with Nelson this Sunday… and all the Sunday’s to come. - JamesJM

P.S. Should Tonyhunter87 read this before game time... trust me, even without Donald this year this is the beginning of a new era for Ram's football. We're back.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

TonyHunter87 is my friend... my good friend..

JamesJM853September 08, 2017 02:17PM

May there be peace this weekend, ramfriends .nm

ArizonaRamFan273September 08, 2017 02:21PM

Beautifully written, Jimmy...

Rams43271September 08, 2017 02:29PM

Re: TonyHunter87 is my friend... my good friend..

Shaky329September 08, 2017 04:42PM

Steve280September 08, 2017 08:14PM

Shaky244September 09, 2017 07:35AM

Re: James is my friend... my good friend

TonyHunter87314September 09, 2017 07:56AM