Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Good Morning Football Talks Aaron Donald

September 04, 2017 04:19PM
Rampage2K-
Ram1380
I would be fining that arse every penny allowable under league rules. Especially if the Rams are offering anything close to reasonable $$$ (which they are under ZERO obligation to do so to begin with)...I'd be telling him flat out, YOU ARE NOT GETTING Suh $$$,or anything close to that.... until you are a FA and someone else gives it to you....PERIOD. You wanna sit your over inflated ego for 2 years, fined and unpaid....then get franchised for 2 more, and sit those fined and unpaid as well....be my guest, good luck with that...CAREER OVER at that point pretty much. YOU LOSE, much more than we do.

There is a reason the rookie salary structure needed to be, and was changed, and it wasn't so every player that outperformed their rookie deal for a year or 2 could turn around and hold a team hostage, you open that Pandoras box....then what good was the change...? Even if that structure was in place a year earlier, you don't think Bradford after his rookie season, being a QB, and if "precedent" had already been set, wouldn't have had his hand out looking for more and threatening to sit..? Boy that would have worked out well huh..?

Where is the guarantee once he gets "paid" he wont become lazy and complacent, nothing left to prove and no incentive on a bad to mediocre team...? Lets not pretend that has never happened...in EVERY sport. "Shizzz, I gots mine....every time I get a hangnail, imma' sit like DRose yo" He hasn't shown mentally to be the sharpest tool in the shed as it is.....Do teams then get hold back $$$ for those players who UNDER perform...? This REEKS of selfishness, and this coming from someone who LOVES to watch the guy.

though I agree with what you say about AD, Bradford was a bad example...He was the last class of the lucky rookies who were drafted the year before the new CBA...He got like $50M
as a rookie.

Dak, would be a better example...or even RW, but you never even hear the word hold out when it comes from them.

I understand, which is why I noted had the structure been changed a year earlier (which was so obviously needed), and was why I used Bradford in a way....because look how that would have turned out, after what many believed to be a great rookie year (I didn't, since a season full of check downs and dump offs doesn't impress me all that much)....had "this" been the case "then".

I like your analogy a LOT as well FTR...
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Good Morning Football Talks Aaron Donald

RamBill805September 04, 2017 10:35AM

Rampage2K-287September 04, 2017 03:06PM

reggae257September 04, 2017 03:08PM

Rampage2K-225September 04, 2017 03:19PM

Ram1380247September 04, 2017 03:53PM

Rampage2K-239September 04, 2017 04:08PM

Ram1380215September 04, 2017 04:19PM

donald wants to be the curt flood of football

VANRAM302September 04, 2017 07:22PM

OK... well that is fitting lol

Atlantic Ram165September 04, 2017 08:24PM

Re: OK... well that is fitting lol

zn189September 04, 2017 08:41PM

So Donald isn't a fan of the blue and white's?

Atlantic Ram145September 04, 2017 09:40PM