Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Austin is underrated actually

September 04, 2017 06:25AM
So funny - many here act like he is the worst player on the roster, but the reality is that he made more big plays than any Ram player on offense these past few years and is somebody that the defense has to account for.

I get a big kick out of how people act like Benny Cunningham is the next Marshall Faulk, so many of them, and Austin is a nothing and the reality is that

Cunningham had 0 touchdowns in 2 years and 3 plays of 20 or more yards.

In 2015, just one season, Austin had 9 touchdowns and 11 plays of 20+ yards. Quite a difference.

The problem with Austin is that he is drastically overpaid. Most people think he is this bum, but very few WRs would have the value as a #3 guy, punt returner, a part time runner as Austin has the ability to do. Again, the problem is that he is paid like a #1 receiver instead of like a #3 receiver.

Hence, that is a problem so I don't have any problems moving him, but who knows how much better he could be with offensive coaches that know how to create space. He could be Az hakim #2 and that role has tremendous value as we saw how much Kurt Warner struggled in 2002 after losing Hakim and not having that bail out option to dump the ball off.

I would like to keep Austin and wish there was a way to redo a bad contract, but I doubt if his pride would allow it and in the end he probably gets cut or traded for little value and ends up being paid less than he would if he reworked the deal with the Rams.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Is the Donald holdup due to a pending Austin trade

huff&puff850September 03, 2017 01:17PM

Re: Is the Donald holdup due to a pending Austin trade

zn385September 03, 2017 01:19PM

Classicalwit247September 04, 2017 04:01AM

zn196September 04, 2017 04:05AM

Austin is underrated actually

Rams_81186September 04, 2017 06:25AM

To answer the question, we need to consider a few ingredients...

Rams43176September 04, 2017 06:42AM