Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Hope things get better very soon, dodgerram

September 03, 2017 03:02AM
dodgerram
Due to problems and lots of tragedy in our family I have not paid much attention to the Rams offseason until a few days ago.
Watched some preaseason via Game pass and lurked around here to get some information and grip what to expect this season.

Have to say I see some progress in Goff but will it be enough ? I have serious doubts about him. Mannion might be the better option after all.
Defensive backfield looks thin and a huge aspect of concern.
That is magnified with the Donald holdout situation and the decline of Quinn. Not enough pass rush to make up for the shortcomings in the backfield.
O-line still very much a work in progress and very thin at the moment.
Just with the defensive backfield I expect the Rams to bring in a veteran or two off the waver wire.

The new HC has brought a wave of much needed fresh air and direction.
I think he will have success with the Rams but this season I do not see us win more than 4-6 games.

Go Rams!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's a reasonable view of the current Rams

From what they say they are pretty happy with the secondary. I think they will add some OL today.

I too am wondering if Goff will improve enough to make a difference this year. I fear he will turn the ball over enough times to keep us from winning many games. From what I've seen he doesn't do anything special yet, basically makes a good throw here and there but not enough to overcome the disastrous plays he makes. If he continues that over the season then I see 5 or 6 wins myself. He has no excuses this year at all. He has a better supporting cast than most young QBs now and better coaching as well. If he stinks it up again, then thats a huge red flag that he ain't the guy.

I expect the defense to be weaker without Donald at full speed or not at all. Without Donald this defense is average at best especially if Quinn is not Quinn anymore. This defense may be the worst defense in the division this year and certainly no better than 3rd best.

But it all comes down to Goff in the big scheme of things. He will have to shock the world for this team to win 8 games or more.

~ max ~
“The consciousness of good intentions disdains ambiguity.” - Alexander Hamilton

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/03/2017 03:05AM by max.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Not expecting much this season

dodgerram773September 03, 2017 01:35AM

Hope things get better very soon, dodgerram

max388September 03, 2017 03:02AM

Re: Not expecting much this season

zn263September 03, 2017 03:35AM

Rams43231September 03, 2017 05:45AM

CROMWELL21235September 03, 2017 06:16AM