Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Let me say it out loud: This year is all about offense, not defense.

September 02, 2017 06:07AM
We've had a very good defense for years and you see what a very good defense (even with perhaps the best D player in the league AD) with a Kindergarten offense gets you: high 1st round picks.

Rams D is going to be good enough to be a playoff D even without Donald and Easley. Not top 5, not the Seahawk's D. But good enough. Phillip's schemes are sound and tested and we have enough horses and depth to run it well.

The issue is going to be offense. This year it is ALL about the offense. Until the Rams can field a legitimate, consistent, balanced offensive threat, it doesn't matter what the D does. So I don't care whether the Rams record is 3 - 13 or 7-9. All it means in the end is that they remain a sub-par team because the Offense isn't good enough to win games.

Our defense is good enough to compete in the playoffs as is. Maybe not the Superbowl, but so what?
The hold back has been the offense.
The Rams need to continue to draft for offense, and shore things up here and there with FA on defense. If they think they are a DT or LB or FS or whatever away from having a top D, then sign them FA. Any draft pick is a guess and a projection.

I agree wholeheartedly with Waldheim that the Rams need to draft more Oline next year. I don't think they need to spend their first pick on it but if there was a Olineman that wowed them, fine. They can go close to BPA. But beginning with their 3rd, they can draft Oline.

And the reason they can is because on the surface it appears they have a fine young developing stable of RBs, WRs, and TEs. I'm assuming QB will be fine. But I do agree that if Goff tanks this year (I don't believe he will) as opposed to developing well, the Rams will go full bore after Cousins and not screw around anymore. They aren't about to go draft another rookie QB and wait for more years for him to develop....if he ever does. They'll get the proven guy.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Let me say it out loud: This year is all about offense, not defense.

RockRam439September 02, 2017 06:07AM

Disagree but

RFIP150September 02, 2017 06:35AM

Re: long stated

leafnose144September 02, 2017 08:33AM