Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Blinkscout PS game 4 ... just getting it in before cuts

September 01, 2017 07:35AM
Was surprised Mannion didn't play ... and was surprised Cannon and Mundt didn't play more.

The Good ...

1) Forrest made a case for starting again, like he has all preseason ... now I've forgotten how fast Barron flies around, but with Forrest in the loop Im not scared to lose Tree or Barron.

2) Was good to see Price and Ebukam applying pressure. Price didn't have as good an overall game, but there was an early pressure he had where he looked like a contortionist getting around the OT in a tight window. Again, as I saw in college, his natural ability to elude the hands of the linemen is a big deal.

3) Sayles and Bryant could both make the team IMO, so for me I'd keep Bryant, as a 5 tech is less likely to find interest over a nose ... Purcell is playing well enough ot keep and I get the sense they like him, there's just not much upside IMO.

4) Travis Wilson looked smooth ... not smooth enough that I'm not looking for a tough TE cut ... but I wouldn't be heartbroken if we kept him as our 3.

5) I know this is a random deep cut, but I've been waiting to see Kozan at OG and he did much better than I expected. Maybe he sticks on the PS?

6) That hit at the goal line ... dang. I want Isaiah or Christian on the PS ... but Id rather use that 9th DB spot on someone not yet on our roster.

7) Orimolade made some plays ... that was nice to see. He's a project for certain but maybe he hangs around the league long enough to learn.

8) Shippen ... I bet he gets snagged when we cut him.

9) Mundt's TD.

The Cut

10) I have 8 DBs ... 4 top obvious CBs and 4 top obvious Ss ... I'd rather look for a 9th.

11) D line ... kinda ugly. I reckon we'll keep more players than are deserving. If it was me, just watching ... I'd keep Brock, Westbrooks, Fox, Smart, Donald, and Bryant ... and hope Sayles gets to the PS. Bryant really only deserves PS so if someone gets cut I'd likely replace him.

12) LBs ... This is all about potential. Quinn, Barwin, Tree and Barron are the top 4 ... 2 of whom we haven't seen yet. Ouch. Forrest and Hager are the inside backups ... Longacre and X (Ebukam or Price) ... that's 9. He'll likely keep 10 I figure. Has Littleton done enough? Has Mckinzy? Both? What about Grigsby? For me it's a toss up, but likely one of them is better on special teams.

I have 24 worth keeping on defense ... and barely 24. bryant and the last LB could both be replaced IMO.

13) QB 2

14) RB 3 G Brown Davis ... Green to PS. Rogers to PS.

15) TE 2 ... I'd really rather scour the waiver wire than keep Wilson or Harkey. Harkey doesn't seem to get this blocking scheme.

16) WR 7 Austin Woods Watkins Kupp Reynolds Cooper Thomas ... Shippen to PS if possible ... I can't keep Spruce with the injuries.

18) O line ... Starting 5 (though I'd rather have Wichmann starting than Brown) Wichmann Donnal Williams Blythe ... Eldrenkamp to PS .. and I'm scouring for a backup OT and backup OC. Blythe only makes the team because he can snap the football.

23 on offense ... with a definite pickup TE and O lineman .. .also we get another spot for Mike Thomas for four games. So I'm looking to pick up 3 players ... just on offense.

So Im looking for any talent on defense and TE and O line on offense ... I'm really happy with our WR talent, pretty sure Shippen and McRoberts get opportunities elsewhere, but I'd love to have them on the pS.

Thoughts and comments welcome.

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Blinkscout PS game 4 ... just getting it in before cuts

alyoshamucci712September 01, 2017 07:35AM

Re: Blinkscout PS game 4 ... just getting it in before cuts

Rams43264September 01, 2017 07:54AM

Tyrunn Walker should be in the mix .. kinda forgot him

alyoshamucci243September 01, 2017 08:21AM

Re: Tyrunn Walker should be in the mix .. kinda forgot him

Rams43228September 01, 2017 08:30AM

Re: Blinkscout PS game 4 ... just getting it in before cuts

headslapper266September 01, 2017 07:57AM