Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Is that right?...

August 30, 2017 04:24AM
Brock Osweiler 'disappointed' and might welcome trade or release: 'I'm still a very young QB'
[www.cleveland.com]
BEREA, Ohio -- Brock Osweiler hasn't conceded the starting job to DeShone Kizer just yet, but sounded a lot like a man who'd welcome a chance to go somewhere and play once Kizer officially nails down the job.

"Until we have an official day one starter, I feel like I have a great opportunity here,'' he said Wednesday, upon learning that Kizer will start the dress rehearsal game against the Buccaneers and likely the season. "As far as I know, it's still wide open.''

A source confirmed for cleveland.com that Osweiler will sit out Saturday night's third preseason game in Tampa, but that's not shocking considering that mostly backups play in the fourth quarter and Osweiler wouldn't benefit from it as much as a young player such as Cody Kessler.

But Osweiler, who sat for three seasons behind Peyton Manning in Denver before starting seven games there (5-2 record) in 2015 and 14 last year in Houston (8-6), sounds a lot like a man who would welcome the opportunity to go somewhere else.

"I want to prove that I'm a better player than I showed at times last year," said Osweiler, who clashed with Texans coach Bill O'Brien and was benched late last season. "I want to show that I'm an improved player. I'm still a very young, young quarterback in this league. I'm 26 years old and I still think I have a lot to bring to the table and I'm very eager to show people that.''

[bleacherreport.com]
Mary Kay Cabot of Cleveland.com first reported that Kizer beat out Brock Osweiler and Cody Kessler.

Best,
Laram
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Goff now 2nd youngest starting QB

RFIP697August 28, 2017 12:15PM

Kizer

9er8er310August 28, 2017 06:58PM

Re: Yep tough choice between Kizer and Osweiler lol..nm

laram209August 28, 2017 07:16PM

Re: Yep tough choice between Kizer and Osweiler lol..nm

DudeRam248August 28, 2017 07:50PM

Not quite. Competition was Osweiler, Kessler and Hogan