Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Totally agree about Williams.

August 25, 2017 08:26AM
Maybe I wasn't paying that much attention but what I have seen is that Murphy is a sieve when it comes to pass protection and Williams wasn't much better. It always seemed to me that they whiffed on their blocks and that their man had a free run at the rest of the play.

I haven't gone back and rewatched the game yet but that is what I seem to remember. Also, the right side of the line seemed a bit better but only delayed the pass rush a bit more. It definitely felt like the right side of the line was a bit more chaotic and much less secure from what I have seen. The left side of the line and the center look really good when the starters are in. We will see once we get to the start of the season.

The defense really flies to the ball and are group tackling which is a great relief. They are still thinking a bit much from what I have seen and once they get a better feel for the defense will be a beast to deal with.

Gurley is playing better than last year and is attitude is much improved as well but he still seems to plow straight into the bunch while if he takes a step left or right things are wide open. Of course, sitting at home and calling things from the recliner is way different then running through those holes on the field. A good running back doesn't always see the hole what they usually see is colored jerseys and run the direction where their is more of your colored jerseys until you see the green grass in front of you. A good running back is often able to look (peek) beyond the LOS and into the area where the backers are as well to aid them as they pass through the LOS.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Goff already notices a difference with Rams' new O-line

RamBill710August 25, 2017 04:51AM

Bob Greise calls the Oline the Engine of the Offense

RockRam311August 25, 2017 05:19AM

Yep. I've said this for years.

NewMexicoRam255August 25, 2017 05:28AM

"It wasn't just throw it and get hit".

Saguaro303August 25, 2017 05:21AM

Totally agree about Williams.

RockRam352August 25, 2017 05:28AM

Re: Totally agree about Williams.