Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

This seemed thoughtful to me

August 23, 2017 03:48PM
How did you come up with, “The time has come for every man, woman, and child to rise with the Rams!”

The Rams suggested a few basic, contextual ideas to record like, “Goff to Gurley for the Touchdown!” I decided to kick it up a bit. I figured if the opportunity was indeed real, I had one chance and I was going to take full advantage of it. In every experience I’ve had in announcing, I learned that people are there to have a good time. One thing in common is the excitement at the beginning of any game. Most people don’t know what to do with that energy, but getting fans up on their feet at the beginning of a game seemed like the best way to go. I learned that very early in my career, and I’ve always used that. So I try to encourage the crowd to be a participant in the game, to be a part of the experience. While I was at home thinking about how I could accomplish that, I asked myself what could be a significant battle cry? What would fans want to be a part of? I want to be part of something that is rising — a winner as it ascends. We use that battle cry twice a game – at the beginning of the game and immediately following halftime.

By the way, I saw that he is travelling to London when the Rams play the Arizona cardinals on October 22, 2017 at Twickenham stadium. The Rams will give up a home game in order to "host" AZ. That means he will get to say, "It's time for every mate, bloke and lad to stand up for your Rams," then toss back a pint of Guinness and refrain from getting into a hooligan brawl.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Article on Sam Lagana, Rams Public Address Announcer

Ramadune687August 21, 2017 04:16PM

This seemed thoughtful to me

Ramadune201August 23, 2017 03:48PM

Re: This seemed thoughtful to me

BeachBoy507August 25, 2017 02:46AM

LMU alum!!

LMU93162August 24, 2017 09:51AM